Interview Question

Overnight Stock Interview Bad Axe, MI

I was asked to explain a situation in which I was

confronted with a situation where a customer asked me to solve a problem that I had no control over and how I responded to the customers needs.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

While reading the interview experience, I found myself shaking my head before getting thru the first half of the narration. This is yet another example of how inefficient Walmart really is on the store level. It doesn't surprise me that you were essentially interviewed for this low paying position more than twice. My feeling is that if Walmart would look harder at all the chiefs they have in the stores who are doing nothing. It makes one wonder how much smoother the store would run if half of the "managers" were let go. In answer to this "interview question" would have been "It doesn't really matter how i would have handled it, other than to be polite. The customer would have been referred to management so I would do that in the beginning when I realized there was nothing I could do for them." Walmart has gotten so far away from good customer service, there is little chance of "helping" this customer anyway. Better to call the manager right away because that is what they are there for.

Karin Aubrey on Sep 19, 2013