Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com

Interview Question

Pre Sales Technical Consultant Interview New York, NY

I was asked to provide minute technical details of an

opportunity that I worked on very early in my career.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I have 30 years of experience in the pre-sales space. The expectation that I would remember fine points of detail for something that transpired in the late 1980s was certainly unexpected and perhaps unreasonable. It is important to point out that this was not with the hiring manager but an unknown person in the organization, presumably a superior to the hiring manager, as I never got a full name nor a business card.
I can only conclude that the interviewer was focusing on eliminating me from contention for the position rather than performing an assay of my entire work history as to how the breadth and depth of my background would indicate the contribution I could make to the organization. After flying me to NYC after a number of phone interviews, this was unexpected to say the least.
Upon my request for feedback,it was refused in one case. The request after 5 hours of interviews was not unreasonable and the refusal bordered on unprofessional. In the other case I received what I considered conflicting explanations for my lack of suitability for the position. Perhaps I dodged a bullet.

Interview Candidate on Oct 17, 2013

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.