IAC

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IAC.

Interview Details – meet with lots of mid-level and upper-management

Interview Question – questions weren't that tough   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fast

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IAC in October 2012.

Interview Details – They treat you with a lot of respect, Interview is besides the point, but the level of respect they offer is tremendous.

Interview Question – They don't interview they call it a meeting. It is usually informal style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation there offer was very good out rightly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IAC.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by a programming test
This was followed by about 4-5 in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Describe how you would design a browser   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at IAC.

Interview Details – The interview went through many stages. Started from a phone interview, to multiple rounds of face to face interviews. I had a panel of 5 people interview and then interview at the leadership level.

Interview Question – There were lot of questions tied to specific features to improve the product   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dont go back and forth much.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at IAC

Interview Details – The beginning of the interview process was an email grapevine first through general contact, then through HR, then through a lower departmental executive and eventually ending with the Marketing Manager. I applied through non-traditional manners and won the interview with good email decorum. There was one phone interview, one interview with the head of the department, and one with my potential manager. HR was incredibly kind and helpful. With IAC being an internet company, QUICK responses to emails helped.

Interview Question – Who was your favorite teacher that you can remember?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours and pre-arranged off-days were very flexible. The internship was unpaid.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IAC in January 2010.

Interview Details – was connected through a recruiter who places the hiring manager, very personable team

Interview Question – solid engineer test, some white boarding and design challanges   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward and depending on experience

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IAC in November 2008.

Interview Details – Initial conversation happened because my resume was sent to division head. Had a one-on-one phone interview with the head. Next step was an in-person panel interview with this person and the 2 people who would be my counterparts (head of technology, head of content). Each interviewer focused on a functionally-relevant theme.

The interview was LONG - 4 hours - with a break in between for a company-wide monthly birthday celebration. It is a small company with 26 employees and they wanted me to see how they interact with each other. The division head did a 5 minute wind-up for every question he posed. He interrupted all of us regularly but gave himself verbal self-congratulations when he "allowed" us to complete our thoughts. The head of technology seemed unsure of himself, looking to the division leader for approval of his comments and questions. The head of content appeared to be the most knowledgeable, substantive and balanced of the three.

My perception was that everything revolved around the division head. The birthday celebration was for 2 other employees but the division leader talked the entire time about how the company had not celebrated his birthday. The company's morale seemed forced. One would expect a birthday recognition to take 15 minutes. This one took 40 minutes.

The culture seemed too "self-aware" and affected.... "we are so cool, we've introduced this site that people will flock to. Several individuals that I met appeared knowledgeable and committed - eager to make the site grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others who have applied for this position?   View Answer
  • Is yours a seek permission or a seek forgiveness style?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – As much as I need a job, I sensed too much drama in the organization. Specifically, I declined the offer because during the interview the division leader disparaged consultants and the previous position incumbent - badly. For that reason, I intuited that the likelihood of ever being "right" or appreciated was pretty low.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IAC in May 2009.

Interview Details – core java,xml,java script questions

Interview Question – how can you enforce singleton pattern   Answer Question

Junior Product Manager Interview

Junior Product Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IAC in September 2007.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. In office consisted of speaking with VP and meeting with 3 members of product team.

Interview Question – na   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated 5% increase from offer.

Marketing Technical Support Specialist Interview

Marketing Technical Support Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IAC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Regular traditional interview. Only had to go to one interview. Showed location and introduced me to employeeds.

Interview Question – What is the highest pressure situations you have been under in recent years   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decide leaving the state.

Worked for IAC? Contribute to the Community!