IAC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IAC.

meet with lots of mid-level and upper-management

Fast

Mobile Analyst Interview

Very straightfoward and easy interview process. Had a phone interview with HR and another one with a senior member before being brought into the office. Once I was at the office I got a tour of the building and sat down with two other senior members and was just asked pretty straight forward behavioral questions and it seemed more of a fit interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IAC in October 2012.

They treat you with a lot of respect, Interview is besides the point, but the level of respect they offer is tremendous.

Interview Questions
    • They don't interview they call it a meeting. It is usually informal style.   Answer Question
    No negotiation there offer was very good out rightly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IAC.

1 phone interview followed by a programming test
    This was followed by about 4-5 in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would design a browser   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IAC.

The interview went through many stages. Started from a phone interview, to multiple rounds of face to face interviews. I had a panel of 5 people interview and then interview at the leadership level.

Interview Questions
    • There were lot of questions tied to specific features to improve the product   Answer Question
    I dont go back and forth much.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The beginning of the interview process was an email grapevine first through general contact, then through HR, then through a lower departmental executive and eventually ending with the Marketing Manager. I applied through non-traditional manners and won the interview with good email decorum. There was one phone interview, one interview with the head of the department, and one with my potential manager. HR was incredibly kind and helpful. With IAC being an internet company, QUICK responses to emails helped.

Interview Questions
    Hours and pre-arranged off-days were very flexible. The internship was unpaid.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IAC in January 2010.

was connected through a recruiter who places the hiring manager, very personable team

Interview Questions
    • solid engineer test, some white boarding and design challanges   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward and depending on experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IAC in November 2008.

Initial conversation happened because my resume was sent to division head. Had a one-on-one phone interview with the head. Next step was an in-person panel interview with this person and the 2 people who would be my counterparts (head of technology, head of content). Each interviewer focused on a functionally-relevant theme.

The interview was LONG - 4 hours - with a break in between for a company-wide monthly birthday celebration. It is a small company with 26 employees and they wanted me to see how they interact with each other. The division head did a 5 minute wind-up for every question he posed. He interrupted all of us regularly but gave himself verbal self-congratulations when he "allowed" us to complete our thoughts. The head of technology seemed unsure of himself, looking to the division leader for approval of his comments and questions. The head of content appeared to be the most knowledgeable, substantive and balanced of the three.

My perception was that everything revolved around the division head. The birthday celebration was for 2 other employees but the division leader talked the entire time about how the company had not celebrated his birthday. The company's morale seemed forced. One would expect a birthday recognition to take 15 minutes. This one took 40 minutes.

The culture seemed too "self-aware" and affected.... "we are so cool, we've introduced this site that people will flock to. Several individuals that I met appeared knowledgeable and committed - eager to make the site grow.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than others who have applied for this position?   View Answer
    • Is yours a seek permission or a seek forgiveness style?   View Answers (2)

As much as I need a job, I sensed too much drama in the organization. Specifically, I declined the offer because during the interview the division leader disparaged consultants and the previous position incumbent - badly. For that reason, I intuited that the likelihood of ever being "right" or appreciated was pretty low.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IAC in May 2009.

core java,xml,java script questions

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IAC in September 2007.

Phone Interview. In office consisted of speaking with VP and meeting with 3 members of product team.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated 5% increase from offer.