IAC Interview Questions

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IAC.

Interview

meet with lots of mid-level and upper-management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast

Mobile Analyst Interview

Interview

Very straightfoward and easy interview process. Had a phone interview with HR and another one with a senior member before being brought into the office. Once I was at the office I got a tour of the building and sat down with two other senior members and was just asked pretty straight forward behavioral questions and it seemed more of a fit interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IAC (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in October 2012.

Interview

They treat you with a lot of respect, Interview is besides the point, but the level of respect they offer is tremendous.

Interview Questions

• They don't interview they call it a meeting. It is usually informal style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation there offer was very good out rightly.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IAC.

Interview

The interview went through many stages. Started from a phone interview, to multiple rounds of face to face interviews. I had a panel of 5 people interview and then interview at the leadership level.

Interview Questions

• There were lot of questions tied to specific features to improve the product   Answer Question

Negotiation

I dont go back and forth much.

Manager FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IAC (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was very happy to be contacted for the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis opportunity within their CityGrid media group of IAC. I saw the position posted on LinkedIn and indeed and applied directly through The IAC website. I received an email a week or so later from a human resources representative asking that I give her a call. I called the same day. To my surprise the recruiter was hostile and overly aggressive. When I called the company the recruited greeted me with "Are you currently working?!!! "Tell me your salary history for every job you've had!!!" I asked her if we could table that part of the conversation and discuss the duties of the role. She refused and became louder and more irate. Concluding with " if you won't give me your salary history were done for today and I will not be forwarding your resume to the hiring manager." The call was just weird and disturbing,

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IAC (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Initial conversation happened because my resume was sent to division head. Had a one-on-one phone interview with the head. Next step was an in-person panel interview with this person and the 2 people who would be my counterparts (head of technology, head of content). Each interviewer focused on a functionally-relevant theme. The interview was LONG - 4 hours - with a break in between for a company-wide monthly birthday celebration. It is a small company with 26 employees and they wanted me to see how they interact with each other. The division head did a 5 minute wind-up for every question he posed. He interrupted all of us regularly but gave himself verbal self-congratulations when he "allowed" us to complete our thoughts. The head of technology seemed unsure of himself, looking to the division leader for approval of his comments and questions. The head of content appeared to be the most knowledgeable, substantive and balanced of the three. My perception was that everything revolved around the division head. The birthday celebration was for 2 other employees but the division leader talked the entire time about how the company had not celebrated his birthday. The company's morale seemed forced. One would expect a birthday recognition to take 15 minutes. This one took 40 minutes. The culture seemed too "self-aware" and affected.... "we are so cool, we've introduced this site that people will flock to. Several individuals that I met appeared knowledgeable and committed - eager to make the site grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others who have applied for this position?   1 Answer
    • Is yours a seek permission or a seek forgiveness style?   2 Answers

As much as I need a job, I sensed too much drama in the organization. Specifically, I declined the offer because during the interview the division leader disparaged consultants and the previous position incumbent - badly. For that reason, I intuited that the likelihood of ever being "right" or appreciated was pretty low.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IAC in May 2009.

Interview

core java,xml,java script questions

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IAC (New York, NY) in September 2007.

Interview

Phone Interview. In office consisted of speaking with VP and meeting with 3 members of product team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated 5% increase from offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IAC (Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)) in September 2011.

Interview

a program skill test(coding) first(DP on tree), then two rounds f2f interviews.

Interview Questions

• given a tree, with a number assigned to each node, and a size N, find the maximum subtree such that: a. it contains N nodes, b. maximizes sum of nodes in the subtree   1 Answer
    • how much do you know of NIO package in Java?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there's no negotiation, coz its employ from school and I was satisfied with the pay.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAC in June 2009.

Interview

Firstly, the hiring manager called me through the phone, and ask me technique interview questions and current status. After 3 days, HR people scheduled on-site interview for me, such as air-ticket and hotel. During the on-site interview, 5 persons were met, and go to local restaurant for lunch. After on-site, about one week, offered.