IATA

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN Interview

Interviewed at IATA

Interview Details – Initially posted my CV along with other info on their jobs website in April for a particular position but also uploaded on to their general database from where they recruit. I was refused for the position I had originally applied for but they were in touch with me at the end of May by telephone saying they woud like to conduct a telephone interview.

Interview was then carried out over the telephone, with a lady from recruitment and the gentleman I would be working with in business development. They alternated the questions; some were standard (describe a situation where you had to overcome a conflict, if you had to use three words to descirbe yourself what would they be, walk us through your cv) others were a little more specific (what are you expecting from this job, talk to us about x job experience).

All in all the interview environment was a rather relaxed one. I never felt like they were trying to test, trap, or trick me, they seemed interested in getting to know who I was, what I did in my personal life as hobbies, how I thought friends saw me. Perhaps because the internship involved working closely with the Business Development Manager they sought to discern whether my personality fit with the position.

Afterwards I was told to provide them with two references, and had to take an online values test. Not a pass or fail test, just to see how my values matched with those of IATA.

Interview Question – No business case questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another job offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IATA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IATA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by IATA employees and interview candidates.