IATA Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015. After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test. So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a face to face. The phone interview was mainly technical and described the job details The face to face was more around motivation to apply, describing the work environment & what to expect. Very professional atmosphere and staff. Direct questions, friendly staff and overall a very positive environment. Overall, one comes saying: I want to work here

, Airports Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

I got the phone interview around one month after the application. It was around half an hour and asking me some general questions. How much do you know about IATA ? What can you bring to the team ? What is important for you in this work ? Do you apply for other companies ? What if other companies give your offer ?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA in June 2014.

Interview

Five managers facing you, ask you many different quesitons for about an hour. Each has a laptop with them. Perform pretty well besides the stress you get. Quesitons are not hard, mostly very nice questions. A simple task to do. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, a task to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

-Applied online. I submitted a cover letter and my resume -HR then called me to set up an interview a few weeks after -First I was Interviewed by someone from HR -The I was interview a week later by the hiring manager -Then I was hired after completing an online personality test

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

step one: phone step two: video conference step three: personality/skills test step four: 3 recommendations step five: skills test

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied, they contacted me and set up an interview. There were a bunch of people, mostly women, in the open office area on the way to the interview room. One of them must have been rooting for me as she smiled broadly at me as I passed by. The interview was unremarkable enough, usual things to ask. One guy really didn't get me though, he was argumentative, and couldn't understand why I would want to leave where I was. He also must have been told at the last second that he was to be in on the interview, as he very obviously hadn't read my resume. There was also a very senior fellow and a HR lady, all of them born outside Canada, which meant that they didn't always get my background or how my employer operated. We discussed everything, money included. The dismissive fellow said that I would terribly bored and shouldn't take the job. The senior one said that it was "premature" for me to be asking if they wanted to see a portfolio of my work. They promised to call, gave me a phone extension to check with them, never told me their names, and that was it. I called a week later but was put through to a dead extension, then transferred to someone not in HR who had no idea what I was talking about. Did some research later, as I couldn't figure out why the hot/cold: old neighbour worked there, got along great, had a falling out.

Interview Questions

• None, all pretty standard, hard part was just connecting with them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

Very haphazard, disorganized and poorly administered.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.