IATA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Safety Interview

Safety
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IATA in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied, they contacted me and set up an interview. There were a bunch of people, mostly women, in the open office area on the way to the interview room. One of them must have been rooting for me as she smiled broadly at me as I passed by. The interview was unremarkable enough, usual things to ask. One guy really didn't get me though, he was argumentative, and couldn't understand why I would want to leave where I was. He also must have been told at the last second that he was to be in on the interview, as he very obviously hadn't read my resume. There was also a very senior fellow and a HR lady, all of them born outside Canada, which meant that they didn't always get my background or how my employer operated. We discussed everything, money included. The dismissive fellow said that I would terribly bored and shouldn't take the job. The senior one said that it was "premature" for me to be asking if they wanted to see a portfolio of my work. They promised to call, gave me a phone extension to check with them, never told me their names, and that was it. I called a week later but was put through to a dead extension, then transferred to someone not in HR who had no idea what I was talking about. Did some research later, as I couldn't figure out why the hot/cold: old neighbour worked there, got along great, had a falling out.

Interview Question – None, all pretty standard, hard part was just connecting with them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IATA in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very haphazard, disorganized and poorly administered.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IATA in March 2011.

Interview Details – step one: phone
step two: video conference
step three: personality/skills test
step four: 3 recommendations
step five: skills test

Worked for IATA? Contribute to the Community!