IATA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IATA in March 2014.

Interview

There were four stages of the interview. FIrst one - phone conversation like "why us", "what do you know about us" etc. Secon - skype interview, took like 40 min, a bit more detailed, more about company, about relations with ICAO etc. Third - online interpersonal skills test. Forth - refference check.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between ICAO and IATA - in relation to who they are related to, and on what terms work they do.   Answer Question

I managed to find another, permanent job long before whole process ended.

Analyst Agency Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in October 2011.

Interview

Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations, Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations, Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IATA.

Interview

I got the phone interview around one month after the application. It was around half an hour and asking me some general questions. How much do you know about IATA ? What can you bring to the team ? What is important for you in this work ? Do you apply for other companies ? What if other companies give your offer ?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

Several interviews by phone, one in the Geneva IATA office. At the first interviews they explained which kind of projects they have, which kid of person they would like to hire, they was asking about my experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• They asking me about experience in building interfaces for web application/   Answer Question

Analyst Remittance and Settlement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IATA (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Same as in other jobs. Final approval comes from Geneva.

Interview Questions

• The psicological test from Human Capital + the test to enter each area are not easy to pass if you don't know much about the topic   1 Answer

Negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IATA.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a face to face. The phone interview was mainly technical and described the job details The face to face was more around motivation to apply, describing the work environment & what to expect. Very professional atmosphere and staff. Direct questions, friendly staff and overall a very positive environment. Overall, one comes saying: I want to work here

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question

Intern, Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IATA in August 2008.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call a few days later. They invited me for a phone interview with the hiring manager and an HR lady. The interview was about an hour long, pretty friendly and easy going. Most of the questions were regarding my resume and I had to give specific project-management related answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Got paid 3500 USD per month. I would say take the offer!

Office Boy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2009.

Interview

i was selected because of height, personality qualification airline management worked travel agency and finished my IATA course, 2years diploma in college .it was good interview but no experience in airlines only in travel agency.

Interview

Initially posted my CV along with other info on their jobs website in April for a particular position but also uploaded on to their general database from where they recruit. I was refused for the position I had originally applied for but they were in touch with me at the end of May by telephone saying they woud like to conduct a telephone interview. Interview was then carried out over the telephone, with a lady from recruitment and the gentleman I would be working with in business development. They alternated the questions; some were standard (describe a situation where you had to overcome a conflict, if you had to use three words to descirbe yourself what would they be, walk us through your cv) others were a little more specific (what are you expecting from this job, talk to us about x job experience). All in all the interview environment was a rather relaxed one. I never felt like they were trying to test, trap, or trick me, they seemed interested in getting to know who I was, what I did in my personal life as hobbies, how I thought friends saw me. Perhaps because the internship involved working closely with the Business Development Manager they sought to discern whether my personality fit with the position. Afterwards I was told to provide them with two references, and had to take an online values test. Not a pass or fail test, just to see how my values matched with those of IATA.

Interview Questions

Received another job offer.