IATA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Application I applied online. The process took 3+month. I I interviewed at IATA (Monterial, QC (Canada)) in August 2015. After submitting my application, there was a Skype Interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Ceneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype Interview. The second Interview was in person In Monterial with the Communication Vice-President, a communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questiond on my skills, my abillities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test. So for my the overall experience of this interview is huge.

Interview Questions

• why you chose our organization?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, there was a Skype interview with one HR representative and the Corporate Communication Manager in Geneva. I had to complete a short assignment just after the Skype interview. The second interview was in person in Montreal with the Communication Vice-President, a Communication Manager and the same Corporation Communication Manager via Skype. The panel was casual and I was questioned on my skills, my abilities and very general questions you would expect from an interview. There was no trick questions or further test.

Interview Questions

• Since this is mostly a B2B organization, how is your past experience in B2C relevant?   Answer Question

Analyst Agency Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)) in October 2011.

Interview

Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations, Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations, Long process. Skills review, specific questions, questions about previous jobs, educations, situations,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IATA (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

-Applied online. I submitted a cover letter and my resume -HR then called me to set up an interview a few weeks after -First I was Interviewed by someone from HR -The I was interview a week later by the hiring manager -Then I was hired after completing an online personality test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IATA (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

Several interviews by phone, one in the Geneva IATA office. At the first interviews they explained which kind of projects they have, which kid of person they would like to hire, they was asking about my experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• They asking me about experience in building interfaces for web application/   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a face to face. The phone interview was mainly technical and described the job details The face to face was more around motivation to apply, describing the work environment & what to expect. Very professional atmosphere and staff. Direct questions, friendly staff and overall a very positive environment. Overall, one comes saying: I want to work here

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IATA.

Interview

I got the phone interview around one month after the application. It was around half an hour and asking me some general questions. How much do you know about IATA ? What can you bring to the team ? What is important for you in this work ? Do you apply for other companies ? What if other companies give your offer ?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IATA in June 2014.

Interview

Five managers facing you, ask you many different quesitons for about an hour. Each has a laptop with them. Perform pretty well besides the stress you get. Quesitons are not hard, mostly very nice questions. A simple task to do. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, a task to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Interview

Best if you have a network in the organisation. The HR may not work very quickly due to the nature of their business but through a contact, I was able to get my CV and Cover letter directly to the HR. Within a fortnight, I received an email inviting me for an interview, which can be done either by phone or face-to-face, and in a very open and friendly fashion. The HR manager will be accompanied by the Head of that particular team you are keen to join. All they want is to know the candidate better.

Interview Questions

• They really were interested in the jobs I did beforehand and my qualifications. Asked about what I learnt in university that would apply to the job here. They asked why I did not want to pursue a more professional position given my professional qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, as an intern allowance at IATA is fixed. In Singapore, this is the gross salary and the candidate gets an additional 16% on top of this allowance into the pension fund.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IATA in March 2014.

Interview

There were four stages of the interview. FIrst one - phone conversation like "why us", "what do you know about us" etc. Secon - skype interview, took like 40 min, a bit more detailed, more about company, about relations with ICAO etc. Third - online interpersonal skills test. Forth - refference check.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between ICAO and IATA - in relation to who they are related to, and on what terms work they do.   Answer Question

I managed to find another, permanent job long before whole process ended.