IATA Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IATA in March 2011.

step one: phone
    step two: video conference
    step three: personality/skills test
    step four: 3 recommendations
    step five: skills test

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IATA in April 2010.

I applied, they contacted me and set up an interview. There were a bunch of people, mostly women, in the open office area on the way to the interview room. One of them must have been rooting for me as she smiled broadly at me as I passed by. The interview was unremarkable enough, usual things to ask. One guy really didn't get me though, he was argumentative, and couldn't understand why I would want to leave where I was. He also must have been told at the last second that he was to be in on the interview, as he very obviously hadn't read my resume. There was also a very senior fellow and a HR lady, all of them born outside Canada, which meant that they didn't always get my background or how my employer operated. We discussed everything, money included. The dismissive fellow said that I would terribly bored and shouldn't take the job. The senior one said that it was "premature" for me to be asking if they wanted to see a portfolio of my work. They promised to call, gave me a phone extension to check with them, never told me their names, and that was it. I called a week later but was put through to a dead extension, then transferred to someone not in HR who had no idea what I was talking about. Did some research later, as I couldn't figure out why the hot/cold: old neighbour worked there, got along great, had a falling out.

Interview Questions
    • None, all pretty standard, hard part was just connecting with them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IATA in February 2008.

Very haphazard, disorganized and poorly administered.

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.