IB Times Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IB Times (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a rigorous interview process to say the least. After meeting with six different people all at different times over the course of two hours, the questions ranged from basic to in-depth. Most of the questions were straightforward however the editor-in-chief seemed keen on making his portion of the interview unbearable, uncomfortable and very intense. If you like feeling bullied and under valued, this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• How does ISIS recent expropriation of Ramadi effect peace talks in Mosul?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IB Times.

Interview

Was really easy: Do not worry about it. But run the other way

Negotiation

Simple I told them what I wanted and they kept coming back with an offer until I finally agreed on one.

Web Producer Interview

Interview

Enrico is an amazing interviewer and HR Director.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IB Times.

Interview

They were really nice and it went pretty well. Spoke about past writing experiences and knowledge of the digital landscape. Got a contract 30 minutes later.

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IB Times (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Not very structured and very difficult to understand the interviewer. I interviewed with two separate individuals.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my contacts and specifics that I did not feel like I should disclose at such an early stage. They used the term "golden Rolodex" which I found ridiculous.   Answer Question

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IB Times (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application via LinkedIn -- in about 10 days received a phone call, and was interviewed over the phone. Was asked to submit 10 story idea. Then got a call for an in-person interview. Interviewed by editor in chief and managing editor. Offered the position within three days of the interview.

Ad Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IB Times (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I was approached by HR at IBTimes to consider this role. I was happy in my job,I

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negoatieted a longer vacation window

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IB Times (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy. Phone interview with CFO and section editors. Nothing out of the ordinary. They did not inform me pay only comes in once a month.

News Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IB Times (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Attended an interview....worst ever interview in my life, the guy in bangalore didnt even bother to go through my cv....treated me like a fresher.... and came across as highly incompetent.... even pay discussions was dismissed as if i was he was doing me a favour.... terrible pay offered.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The interviewer ( a top guy) was highly incompetent, didnt even have basic interpersonal skills, came across as someone who didn't have any knowledge or even have the basic respect to go through someone's CV to see their experience. Terrible .   Answer Question

Terrible Company.. The interviewer ( a top guy) was highly incompetent, didnt even have basic interpersonal skills, came across as someone who didn't have any knowledge or even have the basic respect to go through someone's CV to see their experience. Terrible . Salary offered was not even a 1% hike when market pays 30%. The guy even admitted to the fact that they were plagued by salary problems and even asked me to 'come mentally prepared' for all these as if I had already accepted the offer. Definitely turning down. .