IBA

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.2

Site Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBA.

Long process, probably not what you need after a long unemployment period but seems to be a great company. Still trying to figure it out. still trying to figure this company out.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBA.

Three part process, starts with test, phone test then on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty simple questions for someone in EE.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBA.

Interview Process was a little strange, in that there was more interest in the 50 question test than an interview. The test is not to difficult but does require some very specific knowledge in Electronics. A helpful tip would be to review resistor, capacitor, and inductor circuits or RLC circuits. After passing the test the rest is easy, telephone interview. It seems like they have already decided if they will hire from resume and test.

Interview Questions
    • General test was somewhat broad in scope. Phone interview was just a few questions from resume, like describe work you have done, any trouble with working nights, etc.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with these guys. It is we offer this and we will provide this for moving. Feels a bit unamerican but this is a Belgium company. In my case I didn't push back on the no negotiation because I needed a job.

Electronics Engineer In Somerset NJ Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBA in April 2013.

My buddy who already works there alerted the HR of my application and within a week she called me to verify information on my resume and to make sure I was willing to work nights/weekends and live in NJ. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and then she asked me if I would take a test to diagnose my skills.

Interview Questions
    • Later that day I took the test--an electrical engineering exam that was 1.5 hrs and 50 questions. I am a physics major so the test was quite hard for me but would probably be quite easy for an electrical engineer (or even if you have an EE minor).   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBA in September 2014.

Via Skype with Belgian HR. Seemed more personal-oriented (and probing) than professional-oriented.

"What would you consider your greatest flaw?" was asked three times. After my first two answers, I was stupefied. She followed with "You know why I'm asking? Because you've only been with the company 1 year and 7 months. Our policy is not to move internal employees before 2 years."

I was discouraged from having any motivation or ambition and told that if hired, I would need to stay in my current role for at least another year.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider your greatest flaw? This was asked three times, as my first two answers were not what she wanted to hear.   Answer Question

The entire interview process was very off-putting. Would not actually be given position for at least another year.