IBC Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.2

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBC Bank.

Received a phone call to schedule an interview in a distant location. Arrived early and filled out pre-screening information. Had an initial interview with 3 Area Teller Supervisors present. Felt like I was a test subject, none present in the room had very much experience conducting an interview and were focused intently on reading the written questions. Very simple questions.
    When given the opportunity to ask questions myself I wasn't given clear answers about benefits or opportunities to grow within the organization. They did however have a clear grasp on the compensation. The dreadfully low compensation. I thanked them for their time and went on my way.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose the math test was the most difficult, but the degree to which it is difficult is subjective. I did not find it a challenge.   Answer Question

Pitiful pay.

Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBC Bank.

I first interviewed with their current recruiting company which said I needed to call in for a over the phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked if I could come in for an in person interview. The experience over the phone and in person was pretty laid bank and I enjoyed working with the people I ended up working with.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "tricky" or "risky" interview questions because both interviews were to check for how well you would work with your future coworkers than leaning about your actually skill set.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBC Bank.

Very easy. Only want customer service. Applied in person and got a call for an interview about a week later. There was two interviews that I had in a day. Got an offer the same day. Started training within two weeks of accepting offer. Training is about 4 weeks with testing. Must pass test to continue with employment.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied at the branch with the HR manager. She asked some common questions about my resume and why i wanted to work there. In a couple of days i was called for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions. Be prepared with examples. After that interview i got the second interview with the CEO. The same person who interviewed me the first time was in the room too. This was more informational than questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you lead someone in your previous job.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBC Bank.

It was very open ended. Two people interviewed me and asked questions. They asked a job specific questions like, if I was organized and what I wanted in a job. Then they wanted me to start asking questions.

What was weird was when I asked about the company culture, the man started criticizing millennials, saying millennials don't want to be held accountable.

Universal Teller I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBC Bank in April 2014.

IBC hosts mulitple job fairs a week at various locations. It is incredibly easy to get hired. You will arrive and fill out the necessary paperwork, and after that you will take a simple math test in which you can use your calculator. Then there is some waiting for your first interview. The initial interview is relatively easy with a member of HR, just talk about yourself like a regular interview. After that, if they like you, they will make you wait for your second interview. With the second interview, you are interviewed by more than one person who are the Area Managers. They talk more about you then they describe the position and the pay that you can expect if you are hired. They also ask you to list four words in order of how much they describe you. They ask how you feel about reaching sales goals every month.

Interview Questions
    They told me that I got the job before I left the job fair, but they called me the next day to give me an official offer. There was not really any room to negotiate salary.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBC Bank in January 2014.

I attended one of the job fairs at Barton Creek Mall. I filled out a questionnaire and completed a test of my basic math skills. After that, I waited at the food court for the HR lady to call my cell and I went back for the interview portion. The interviewer seemed a little pooped, like she'd been doing it all day. I tried to stay positive. She asked how I was with presentations. That was most of the interview, flushing out how good I'd be presenting things to people I didn't know. That's about all I can remember at the moment!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBC Bank in June 2013.

They just ask if you have a record or outstanding bank debts. If experience is lacking, they expect you to provide other examples of leadership/problem solving, but it's based on your value. If you have a strong resume, you won't get any gotcha questions.

No negotiation, all employees paid the same at entry level regardless of experience or education.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chickasha, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chickasha, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2013.

Just one interview. The interview last 15 minutes. Did not give much detail about job.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBC Bank.

phone interview, then two face to face interviews. During the first face to face interview had to approach random people and talk about the bank

Interview Questions
    • what was your hardest class and what does change mean to you?   Answer Question

pay was low