IBC Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.4

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied at the branch with the HR manager. She asked some common questions about my resume and why i wanted to work there. In a couple of days i was called for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions. Be prepared with examples. After that interview i got the second interview with the CEO. The same person who interviewed me the first time was in the room too. This was more informational than questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you lead someone in your previous job.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBC Bank.

It was very open ended. Two people interviewed me and asked questions. They asked a job specific questions like, if I was organized and what I wanted in a job. Then they wanted me to start asking questions.

What was weird was when I asked about the company culture, the man started criticizing millennials, saying millennials don't want to be held accountable.

Universal Teller I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2014.

IBC hosts mulitple job fairs a week at various locations. It is incredibly easy to get hired. You will arrive and fill out the necessary paperwork, and after that you will take a simple math test in which you can use your calculator. Then there is some waiting for your first interview. The initial interview is relatively easy with a member of HR, just talk about yourself like a regular interview. After that, if they like you, they will make you wait for your second interview. With the second interview, you are interviewed by more than one person who are the Area Managers. They talk more about you then they describe the position and the pay that you can expect if you are hired. They also ask you to list four words in order of how much they describe you. They ask how you feel about reaching sales goals every month.

Interview Questions
    They told me that I got the job before I left the job fair, but they called me the next day to give me an official offer. There was not really any room to negotiate salary.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBC Bank in January 2014.

I attended one of the job fairs at Barton Creek Mall. I filled out a questionnaire and completed a test of my basic math skills. After that, I waited at the food court for the HR lady to call my cell and I went back for the interview portion. The interviewer seemed a little pooped, like she'd been doing it all day. I tried to stay positive. She asked how I was with presentations. That was most of the interview, flushing out how good I'd be presenting things to people I didn't know. That's about all I can remember at the moment!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in June 2013.

They just ask if you have a record or outstanding bank debts. If experience is lacking, they expect you to provide other examples of leadership/problem solving, but it's based on your value. If you have a strong resume, you won't get any gotcha questions.

No negotiation, all employees paid the same at entry level regardless of experience or education.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chickasha, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chickasha, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2013.

Just one interview. The interview last 15 minutes. Did not give much detail about job.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBC Bank.

phone interview, then two face to face interviews. During the first face to face interview had to approach random people and talk about the bank

Interview Questions
    • what was your hardest class and what does change mean to you?   Answer Question

pay was low

Credit Analyst Interview

This interview was for credit analyst in a local branch. The interview consisted of simple questions about myself and the rest of the interview was an explanation of what was required for the job.

Interview Questions
    • If the accounts people had in the bank were assets or liabilities in the balance sheet of the bank?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in February 2012.

Printed out the application online and went to turn it in and was asked to complete a math test that so easy- like 2nd grade math. After that I was told that I would be called in for an interview well I got a call two weeks later asking to come in for an interview. There was no set time I could basically walk in anytime well I arrived early and dressed professional. I had to go through a pre-screening to see if I would move onto the second round and I did. I was asked to come to conference room where I had a one on one interview with a branch manager we joked around and got off topic a couple of times but he basically read off a 6 page booklet. He told me I would be hired if I passed the background and credit check and that I would hear from them in three days. I never got the call I guess they thought my school loans were too much and that's why I didn't get hired. I probably would have declined either way because they want you to call people with existing bank accounts to open even more accounts. Basically they just care about how many accounts they have and want to be ahead of all the other banks the interviewer even said it himself.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in December 2011.

during the interview they make it clear that accounts are the most important thing. they want you to open 12 accounts a month and convince existing customers to open new accounts. the interview was fine i just had a problem with the way the bank works. especially when they want bank tellers and sales associate going to other businesses like whataburger and convincing people to open accounts. i find this so ridiculous i would not want to bother someone while they are eating.my interviewer also mention that when someone deposits a large amount in there account they want the bank tellers to call and ask them what they are going to do with there money and offer them an account. i find this so inappropriate and an invasion of the customers privacy.

Interview Questions

if they do call me i will decline there offer because half way through the interview i knew i did not want it. the training is at the main branch and it's a 30min drive for me. the pay is horrible not worth all this pressure for minimum wage.

Worked for IBC Bank? Contribute to the Community!