IBC Bank

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Branch Sales Representative Interview

Branch Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in July 2011.

Interview Details – Apply at any branch, application and resume are sent to corporate office for hiring committee. first interview is one on one, simple questions from your resume and work experience. If first interview is successful then you go on to a second interview that for me was another one on one but for some is a group interview. They ask questions about how you resolved issues from your work history, strong emphasis on sales.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, if you have relevant experience (Sales and or banking) the interviewer will ask you to walk them through a problem resolution process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have a degree or strong experience you can negotiate, I was a student applying for part time so I did not have any leverage for negotiating.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBC Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – The process was straight forward and quick. The interview asked questions like, "tell me about a time when you displayed leadership skills." "Describe your toughest sale."

Interview Question – No question was too difficult or unexpected. The questions are behavior/personality based. They want to know if you fit what they really need just like any company would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in June 2013.

Interview Details – They just ask if you have a record or outstanding bank debts. If experience is lacking, they expect you to provide other examples of leadership/problem solving, but it's based on your value. If you have a strong resume, you won't get any gotcha questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, all employees paid the same at entry level regardless of experience or education.

Chickasha, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just one interview. The interview last 15 minutes. Did not give much detail about job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in February 2010.

Interview Details – Basic math test then questions on personality

Interview Question – Explain a difficult time with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they are set on pay

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBC Bank.

Interview Details – phone interview, then two face to face interviews. During the first face to face interview had to approach random people and talk about the bank

Interview Question – what was your hardest class and what does change mean to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay was low

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

Interviewed at IBC Bank

Interview Details – This interview was for credit analyst in a local branch. The interview consisted of simple questions about myself and the rest of the interview was an explanation of what was required for the job.

Interview Question – If the accounts people had in the bank were assets or liabilities in the balance sheet of the bank?   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – Printed out the application online and went to turn it in and was asked to complete a math test that so easy- like 2nd grade math. After that I was told that I would be called in for an interview well I got a call two weeks later asking to come in for an interview. There was no set time I could basically walk in anytime well I arrived early and dressed professional. I had to go through a pre-screening to see if I would move onto the second round and I did. I was asked to come to conference room where I had a one on one interview with a branch manager we joked around and got off topic a couple of times but he basically read off a 6 page booklet. He told me I would be hired if I passed the background and credit check and that I would hear from them in three days. I never got the call I guess they thought my school loans were too much and that's why I didn't get hired. I probably would have declined either way because they want you to call people with existing bank accounts to open even more accounts. Basically they just care about how many accounts they have and want to be ahead of all the other banks the interviewer even said it himself.

Interview Questions

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in December 2011.

Interview Details – during the interview they make it clear that accounts are the most important thing. they want you to open 12 accounts a month and convince existing customers to open new accounts. the interview was fine i just had a problem with the way the bank works. especially when they want bank tellers and sales associate going to other businesses like whataburger and convincing people to open accounts. i find this so ridiculous i would not want to bother someone while they are eating.my interviewer also mention that when someone deposits a large amount in there account they want the bank tellers to call and ask them what they are going to do with there money and offer them an account. i find this so inappropriate and an invasion of the customers privacy.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – if they do call me i will decline there offer because half way through the interview i knew i did not want it. the training is at the main branch and it's a 30min drive for me. the pay is horrible not worth all this pressure for minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – first it was a screening, followed by the area sales manager selling you the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on the poor pay, they sell you the job. they'll tell you that you can make unlimited money.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBC Bank

Worked for IBC Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBC Bank interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBC Bank employees and interview candidates.