IBC Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBC Bank in January 2014.

I attended one of the job fairs at Barton Creek Mall. I filled out a questionnaire and completed a test of my basic math skills. After that, I waited at the food court for the HR lady to call my cell and I went back for the interview portion. The interviewer seemed a little pooped, like she'd been doing it all day. I tried to stay positive. She asked how I was with presentations. That was most of the interview, flushing out how good I'd be presenting things to people I didn't know. That's about all I can remember at the moment!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something to someone.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied at the branch with the HR manager. She asked some common questions about my resume and why i wanted to work there. In a couple of days i was called for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions. Be prepared with examples. After that interview i got the second interview with the CEO. The same person who interviewed me the first time was in the room too. This was more informational than questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you lead someone in your previous job.   Answer Question

Universal Teller I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2014.

IBC hosts mulitple job fairs a week at various locations. It is incredibly easy to get hired. You will arrive and fill out the necessary paperwork, and after that you will take a simple math test in which you can use your calculator. Then there is some waiting for your first interview. The initial interview is relatively easy with a member of HR, just talk about yourself like a regular interview. After that, if they like you, they will make you wait for your second interview. With the second interview, you are interviewed by more than one person who are the Area Managers. They talk more about you then they describe the position and the pay that you can expect if you are hired. They also ask you to list four words in order of how much they describe you. They ask how you feel about reaching sales goals every month.

Interview Questions
    They told me that I got the job before I left the job fair, but they called me the next day to give me an official offer. There was not really any room to negotiate salary.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in May 2011.

One on one interview with hr person followed by another with branch manager. Before that i was given a short mathematical aptitude test. The process is very straight forward and seemed more like a formality

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what challenging situation i had encountered when dealing with a difficult customer and how i resolved it   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBC Bank.

It was very open ended. Two people interviewed me and asked questions. They asked a job specific questions like, if I was organized and what I wanted in a job. Then they wanted me to start asking questions.

What was weird was when I asked about the company culture, the man started criticizing millennials, saying millennials don't want to be held accountable.

Branch Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in July 2011.

Apply at any branch, application and resume are sent to corporate office for hiring committee. first interview is one on one, simple questions from your resume and work experience. If first interview is successful then you go on to a second interview that for me was another one on one but for some is a group interview. They ask questions about how you resolved issues from your work history, strong emphasis on sales.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, if you have relevant experience (Sales and or banking) the interviewer will ask you to walk them through a problem resolution process.   Answer Question
    If you have a degree or strong experience you can negotiate, I was a student applying for part time so I did not have any leverage for negotiating.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBC Bank in January 2010.

The process was straight forward and quick. The interview asked questions like, "tell me about a time when you displayed leadership skills." "Describe your toughest sale."

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult or unexpected. The questions are behavior/personality based. They want to know if you fit what they really need just like any company would do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IBC Bank in June 2013.

They just ask if you have a record or outstanding bank debts. If experience is lacking, they expect you to provide other examples of leadership/problem solving, but it's based on your value. If you have a strong resume, you won't get any gotcha questions.

No negotiation, all employees paid the same at entry level regardless of experience or education.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chickasha, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chickasha, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at IBC Bank in April 2013.

Just one interview. The interview last 15 minutes. Did not give much detail about job.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBC Bank in February 2010.

Basic math test then questions on personality

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they are set on pay

Worked for IBC Bank? Contribute to the Community!