IBG Interview Questions

3.5

Social Media Analyst/Business Development Associate/Product Manager/Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBG in March 2012.

I was reached by a recruiter via phone and then submitted an application and writing sample prior to the interview. I was interviewed by one individual for an hour who, upon meeting me, decided I was more qualified for a different and better position which required approval by the founding partner. The founding partner happened to be free the day I was in the office so I then met with him for 1.5 hours, I would later understand what a rare occurrence it was to find this partner with free time. After these two interviews I was told I was being considered for another position and had a phone interview with a PM in New York. After her positive feedback was received by HR I then had a phone interview with her boss, also in New York. After his positive feedback was received by HR I was told they would like to continue with the process and that everything was looking good as far as finalizing an offer. After this I was told that the position was on hold. Then after 2 weeks it was back on the market but they needed the founding partner to sign off on the offer. He was out of town for 2 more weeks. Then they contacted me about another position which required I go back to McLean and interview with the HR Director and my original recruiter. After they informed me they would like to push forward toward an offer I told them I had another offer on the table and would need to hear back from them by the end of the week. At 3:00 on Friday afternoon the recruiter contacted me to ask if I had taken the position with the other company but still had no finalized number to offer me and had not been able to obtain approval from the founding partner. They asked when I needed their final offer information and I emphasized, AGAIN, that COB that day was the deadline. The recruiter told me he would try to get the founding partner to give me a call and if he couldn't get a hold of him he'd call me back to let me know. I didn't hear from either of them. On Saturday I was assigned to a new recruiter who contacted me about whether I had provided the other company an answer yet. I let him know I had received an extension on making the final decision. On Monday my new recruiter asked me if I would meet with another program manager on Tuesday, luckily it was near my home and not in McLean (otherwise I would have refused to travel to their offices for the third time, 30 minutes away). I met with the program manager and he appeared to be speaking to me about a totally different position, but a more attractive one than the last. He informed me he really wanted me on board and 20 minutes after our meeting was over HR contacted me to tell me they'd be submitting an offer for approval by HR. I sent an email on Thursday to find out if there had been any updates and if I might know something by Friday. Instead I received this email in response:

Thank you for your interest in International Biometric Group. While we were very impressed with your qualifications, after careful consideration of your skills and experience, we regret to inform you that we will not be continuing the recruiting process with you at this time. Nevertheless, we will keep your information on file and should a more suitable position arise we will contact you. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Best Regards

This is how the company chose to close the loop on our 2-month relationship. I promptly called the recruiter to find out more details and he informed me that this position was on hold but they would contact me the minute something changed.

This company seems to be growing way too fast given its horribly flat business model. There are far too many people involved in the hiring process, the partner required to sign off on hiring decisions is never available, their HR team seems to be terribly confused about how to match up individuals with positions and the result is bouncing candidates around to be considered for various positions. This company prides itself on not being your standard government contractor in that they do not hire all their employees to directly fill a role on a contract. They hire people to their bench and allow that person the freedom to move around as their skills match up with appropriate opportunities. If this is to be their point of pride, once they've pinpointed a candidate as an acceptable employee they should hire the employee and deal with placing them specifically onto projects after that. It also seems that this company prides itself on the large amount of experience it provides its employees. If I were expected to work 50-60 hour weeks (without compensation) on an ordinary basis, I'm sure I would acquire some extra experience in my current position as well. This company is a huge disappointment and an unorganized mess.

Interview Questions
    • How soon after you meet with someone do you feel comfortable making an inside joke?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with the frustration of waiting on information? On a scale from 1-10 how frustrated do you get when you are not receiving feedback you have requested?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took a weekinterviewed at IBG in May 2010.

Applied on the university website, got an email, then took the online c++ test which was preety hard.

Interview Questions
    • memset in c++, what does it do ? is it safe, should we use it, what are pros and cons?   Answer Question