IBI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Software Developer Interview

Lead Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBI Group.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, two of them technical, one meeting with CEO, overall OK impression.

Negotiation Details – CEO asked "How much did you asked for salary. X right?" And the X was actually about 2 K lower than what I asked. Not sure if he knew exactly how much I asked or not. I promptly corrected him that I actually asked X+2K , he smiled and said OK. Later 3 years showed that most likely that was not a con-incidence but the company culture to underpay people.

Very Easy Interview

Employee Interview

Employee
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBI Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Bought out by firm. One interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Low key.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – simple hiring process, 3 interviews, one hr, one technical and one with the director

Negotiation Details – the offered rate was already low and director (as if he did not remember) asked even lower rate, i corrected the rate and they agreed

Secret Interview

Secret
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBI Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – In on a personal referral by someone who is no longer there.

Negotiation Details – No. Go high, don't back off. It won't matter anyway.

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBI Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 3 interviews:
1. Phone interview with an HR Manager:
2. Panel Interview with a Project Manager, a Software Development Leader and a team member:
3. Panel Interview with a Director, Project Manager and a Software Development Leader.

I applied online through the company's website and after a month I was contacted by phone by an HR Manager. The phone interview was very easy - just to confirm my willingness to join the company and my availability.

Both the panel interviews were similar, but the second one was led by a Director. I was asked about my experience and skills, and also some regular HR questions.

Interview Question – Why do you choose our company?   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

Interview Details – The process consisted of 3 interviews:
1. Phone interview with an HR Manager:

Interview Question – Why did you choose IBI Group?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBI Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by phone, had phone interview with the recruiter, three weeks later I was called again and was scheduled for a inperson interview. I had inperson interview with four of the senior engineers in the department I applied for. I got a call three weeks later that I didn't get accepted.

Interview Question – Why I got MEng not MASc   Answer Question

Worked for IBI Group? Contribute to the Community!