IBI Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.5

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IBI Group.

Interview

I was hired by our office prior to the IBI acquisition, so i cannot honestly describe what an interview with IBI would be like. The interview with the original office was very laid back and more of a conversation between myself, the HR manager and one of the principals in charge

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBI Group (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

There was only one interview, they had a temporally positions for help with finishing Construction Documentation, three months position, Revit knowledge a must, there is a Revit test that you would need to complete.

Negotiation

no negotiation, I took whatever they offered me

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBI Group in December 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process, was 3 steps. Phone screened with a recruiter that lasted under 30 minutes, and it did take some time to get to the 2nd round. I had 2 in-person interviews, 1 group interview (with 5 people) and the 2nd with Director levels.

Recruiter actually found me on LinkedIn.

Basic questions, a little intimidating due to the amount of individuals in the 2nd interview but went well.

Overall good experience, a little slow but everyone was responsive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary, lots of behavioral questions and provided a lot of examples   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical negotiation, very straight forward

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IBI Group in November 2014.

Interview

The HR reached out to me through LinkedIn and asked for a phone interview which is not technical. They then said they are interested and wanted to follow up within 3 days. However, I got no response after 2 weeks so I asked again and they told me to wait again. Another 2 weeks past and complete radio silence.

I assume they don't want me because my current salary is too high and they want someone cheaper. The fact that they hooked me up, requested my time, but refused to do a simple follow up is very rude. It's not like I looked for them and asked for a job on my own initiative.

Even though HR policies are not necessarily reflective of how a company operates, bad HR departments still often associate with bad companies that don't respect employees (and in our case, IBI Group has some bad reviews from employees). For those of us with plenty of good choices in the industry, we simply have greener pastures than IBI to go to.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBI Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

3 interviews, two of them technical, one meeting with CEO, overall OK impression.

Negotiation

CEO asked "How much did you asked for salary. X right?" And the X was actually about 2 K lower than what I asked. Not sure if he knew exactly how much I asked or not. I promptly corrected him that I actually asked X+2K , he smiled and said OK. Later 3 years showed that most likely that was not a con-incidence but the company culture to underpay people.

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

simple hiring process, 3 interviews, one hr, one technical and one with the director

Negotiation

the offered rate was already low and director (as if he did not remember) asked even lower rate, i corrected the rate and they agreed

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBI Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Bought out by firm. One interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low key.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBI Group in May 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone, had phone interview with the recruiter, three weeks later I was called again and was scheduled for a inperson interview. I had inperson interview with four of the senior engineers in the department I applied for. I got a call three weeks later that I didn't get accepted.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBI Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews:
    1. Phone interview with an HR Manager:
    2. Panel Interview with a Project Manager, a Software Development Leader and a team member:
    3. Panel Interview with a Director, Project Manager and a Software Development Leader.

I applied online through the company's website and after a month I was contacted by phone by an HR Manager. The phone interview was very easy - just to confirm my willingness to join the company and my availability.

Both the panel interviews were similar, but the second one was led by a Director. I was asked about my experience and skills, and also some regular HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose our company?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Application

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews:
    1. Phone interview with an HR Manager:

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose IBI Group?   1 Answer