IBM

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Interview Details – Use your past experience in a positive light and show specific metrics of achievement.

Interview Question – Describe each account you supported and the net revenue obtained fro your direct involvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a base salary with expectations of incentives. Non negotiable

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interviews followed by an In-Person Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Coppell, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was informal. Just interviewing for another position in the company. It was fine. No big deal. 1:1 with the hiring manager. Got the job right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. I made the same, it was a lateral move.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Hring process can take between 6 weeks and 3 months or more. Big company many procedures. Interview steps: HR interview, online logic test, inteerview with hired Manager and sometime responsable manager from region if is not one local over hired manager.

Interview Question – There was no dificut or unexpected questions. Probably this is become more easy with works experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You tell what is your expectation and if is feet in them budget will make an offer. There is no negotiation phase due if you request more then budget then is consider can not motivate you so you can consider you will not get the job.

Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is limited to the hiring manager only.

Interview Question – What is your age and are you married?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – either accept it or we can't offer more.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Telephone interview, face to face, presentation

Interview Question – Why IBM?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked there and found the sales position through an internal job search engine. I had two interviews within the week. They offered me the job but then tried to to hard-ball me into taking the position because I was honest and told them that I had another interview within IBM. Guess they really liked me!

Interview Question – They put a pen on the desk and asked me to sell it to them!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was just out of University and they knew they could hire me for next to nothing.

Very Easy Interview

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in September 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with Senior sales: Account Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Director, all within the Global Business Service (GBS) unit.
Interviews were only focused on personal experience, with some typical STAR like questions thrown into the mix.

Interview Question – What can you bring to us?   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!