IBM Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Use your past experience in a positive light and show specific metrics of achievement.

Interview Questions

• Describe each account you supported and the net revenue obtained fro your direct involvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a base salary with expectations of incentives. Non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone Interviews followed by an In-Person Behavioral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Coppell, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

It was informal. Just interviewing for another position in the company. It was fine. No big deal. 1:1 with the hiring manager. Got the job right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. I made the same, it was a lateral move.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bucharest (Romania)).

Interview

Hring process can take between 6 weeks and 3 months or more. Big company many procedures. Interview steps: HR interview, online logic test, inteerview with hired Manager and sometime responsable manager from region if is not one local over hired manager.

Interview Questions

• There was no dificut or unexpected questions. Probably this is become more easy with works experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You tell what is your expectation and if is feet in them budget will make an offer. There is no negotiation phase due if you request more then budget then is consider can not motivate you so you can consider you will not get the job.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Telephone interview, face to face, presentation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Mexico City (Mexico)) in September 2011.

Interview

- You make some test at home (psychological and analytic). - An English test at IBM site. - Several interviews with your managers and team leaders. - Logic tests and more interviews with peers.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions and value questions.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interview

I had a friend who worked there and found the sales position through an internal job search engine. I had two interviews within the week. They offered me the job but then tried to to hard-ball me into taking the position because I was honest and told them that I had another interview within IBM. Guess they really liked me!

Interview Questions

• They put a pen on the desk and asked me to sell it to them!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I was just out of University and they knew they could hire me for next to nothing.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Lahore (Pakistan)) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring Process is limited to the hiring manager only.

Interview Questions

• What is your age and are you married?   1 Answer

Negotiation

either accept it or we can't offer more.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2008.

Interview

3 interviews with Senior sales: Account Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Director, all within the Global Business Service (GBS) unit. Interviews were only focused on personal experience, with some typical STAR like questions thrown into the mix.