IBM Accountant Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

the brought me onsite for an interview with the hiring manager and two-three other peer managers. They introduced me to the team members and one of the staff members provided me a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The first round of interviews was at a career center at the college during a recruitment session. The interviewer was one of the accounting executives, and it was more of a conversation than interview about skills etc, and my impression was that the personality/drive/connection counted most at this stage. The next stage was at IBM's offices, where a whole group of potential employees was gathered and we all interviewed at the same time. Each person met with three managers from different departments. These were separate interviews, each about 30 minutes long, pretty standard questions about experience, expectations, some behavioral, nothing out of ordinary or difficult.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult - pretty much every question was a typical one, i.e. describe yourself, what are your goals, what kind of team experience have you had, difficult situation or disagreement etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - the starting salary was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i am a good learner and want to be success in life, as well groth for your organisation,

Interview Questions

• how can we prove that we are the better then other organization ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. Skype. Face to face. Offer They scheduled me for one day and never called me. The following week I received a pone call which I was not expecting so I couldnt be ready to reply most of the questions they asked me (btw they were most of them easy)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

4 interviews to get in, every time you have a new job you will have more interviews unless you move in a role in the same department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me an offer and I accepted. I should have negotiated because once you start working there you will rarely see a pay increase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Somers, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Interview with Senior Manager, other 3 interviews with managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR Called and than sent an email with all the details of the offer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone interview after on-line application. Questions about myself, last work experience, studies, and financial statements. Position for english/italian speakers; you can track the interview on their website, because they don't communicate with you if the process ends.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Kraków (Poland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very Slow. You submit application, you interview , then you may get the offer. Very bureaucratic process , takes months to complete and no one knows whats going on when you ask them about status.

Interview Questions

• General CV based questions, May get a few behavioral so have a couple of stories to tell   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this temporary role. I received a call by HR to set up interview and the week after I appeared in 2 quick rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were not any technical interviews...just required a bit more detail on my previous experience in order to evaluate my ability to manage the 6 month assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview

I was called on my cell phone, for an interview. They asked about my basic information. We decided the date for an interview, on my availability. Initially I prepared my self for interview, by studying relevant books.

Interview Questions

• Interpreting the Balance sheet   1 Answer
    • Complication in Accounting?   1 Answer