IBM Advisory Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later i got an email saying i should come for an interview, the process was quick.i was interviewed by 4 different people. after the interview i was told they will get back to me in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

FIRST Telephone , then skype , and then personal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY).

Interview

Why do you like about software?

Interview Questions

• What do you do then a project is behind schedule?   1 Answer

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

easy interview; questions on past projects; some math/logic test like GRE/SAT

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA).

Interview

Interviews are normally very formal. Interview panels with in IBM are technically very strong. I have been working with IBM for 12 years so can't speak much about current interview process.

Interview Questions

• Interview process was mostly formal. Questions were based on past experience.   Answer Question

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2012.

Interview

Internal transfer position with hiring manager looking for more work skills expansion in information systems.

Interview Questions

• Given a global team environment with a wide variety of server hosting environments, how would you find a common solution to a big data application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Portland, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

After sending resume, it took 1 month before I heard back for telephone interview. Another 3 weeks later, there were 2 rounds of technical interviews before I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty technical, pertaining to experience described in resume. One question was related to writing a code to detect if a given string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

phone call interview with HR followed by engineers and manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

- interviewed with two different hiring managers and four team members, overall it went well, was very impressed with the working environment: labs, people and etc.
    - questions asked were real world questions, not by books, some very technical questions, some are not technical questions, non-technical questions are harder than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• how did you solve the situation where there were some conflicts between you and your team members?   Answer Question

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, asked for technical question about their problem domain.
    Which I was not able to answer.
    She asked me about my experience in developming cloud clusters and the cloud management REST api.