IBM

3.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

I applied the position through campus career website, and got the first interview notice about one week later. After first interview, I had site interview opportunity. The whole interview process was well organized. About 30 people attended the interview. I talked with three managers. Interview questions were not very difficult.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2009.

I got approached by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster.com and suggested I apply for that position online. When I did, I notified him and he then forwarded my info to the HR manager. I answered some 5 questions about the salary, relocation and citizenship status. I had to wait 2 weeks before they set up a phone interview with a manager in New York. It was ok I guess, I didn't do so terrible like the interview with HP but it was average. After a week or so I emailed the HR manager to see what the status was and she told me that the 1 phase of the new hires which started in Nov got filled but she is going to contact me again for the 2 or 3rd phase which they expect to be starting in Dec and Jan '10. The position has been posted for like 5 months already and they need about 50 analysts in total. Hopefully they call back :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe the best example of your communication skills?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Two intital telephone interviews; one with a team lead another withing hiring manager. Follow-up telephone interview a week later with hiring manager. Standard interview questions. I closed the interview by asking the hiring manager what are your greatest challenges for the next 30 days? Next 90 days? This gave me the opportunity to offer (high level) solutions to those challenges, thereby positioning myself in the hiring managers mind as the person to solve those issues.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to step into the lead role in this organization, what would be the greatest challenge to overcome?   Answer Question
    Although I attempted to negotiate, terms were not very flexible. My advice is if you don't ask, you'll never know what you may have missed. I heard recently that women are still paid less than men for the same work -- the reason? It's not because of gender, but that by nature women are more likely to accept an initial offer, compared to men, who +90% of the time, will successfully negotiate one or more terms.

Analyst Interview

The usual, phone, face and test with the possibility of case study or group assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Think I've become a seasoned interview vet   Answer Question
    Insignificant

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Good experience, they are very nice and straight forward to my questions, the interview process was arranged properly.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2009.

General HR round,Technical interview and manager interview

No negotiations were entertained

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in April 2008.

very difficult situational interview, but typical of IBM style

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't have the resources to complete your job   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2008.

This was just a first level interview during a Operations Research conference for their internal consulting group. The employers invited those interested in the positions to attend their session in the conference. The interview consisted of detailed questions on experience with databases and data mining. You interview with at least 2 employers during the conference. One interview was a little more technical, the other had just the basic interview questions.
    Obviously a preferred site if you are very advanced in Operations Research, since you are at the conference. If you do not have a lot of experience on it, you are overshadowed by those whose degrees are solely on OR, or any applicable subject

Interview Questions
    • What is the maximum number of rows and columns in an Excel spreadsheet?   View Answers (2)