IBM

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on October 23rd. Got called for an interview on October 30th. Got flown out to Baton Rouge November 7th. Had a technical and personality interview on November 8th. Received job offer November 20th.

Interview Question – What is inheritance?
What is encapsulation?
What is an object?
  Answer Question

East Lansing, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one technical and one behavioral. The interviews were conducted back to back and then the offer letter was sent within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked to completely describe a project I did years before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview Details – It was for an internship position and I only had one phone interview. It was relatively low on technical questions since they were looking for someone soon. They did go through some of my previous work and since I had a decent portfolio for an intern the offer was easy to get.

Interview Question – I wasn't expecting questions about management and team work since it was a technical job. Questions like how did you work with the team when deadlines were not met or working with someone who was not a good collaborator, etc.   View Answers (2)

East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, got an e-mail for a technical phone interview which was for around 45 mins. then i was called in for an interview on site which was a one on one technical and resume review which was hardly for 15 mins.

Interview Question – Difference between a string and a stringbuilder   Answer Question

East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview. Then I was called in to do 2 1:1 interviews. The first was a technical interview, the second was a behavioral interview. 2 days later, I got a call with the job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Calcutta (India)

I interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Interview Details – first there was aptitude consisting of series and maths.then there was english consisting mainly prepostions.then there was interview

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview Details – Its pretty simple and straight forward process.
1) technical interview
2) PDM round
3) HR round

Interview Question – About my strengths   Answer Question

Aurangābād, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in June 2008.

Interview Details – I got through campus. We had one writen test. written test was mainly non-technical apti question only. followed by one interview. Interview was pretty simple. mainly had simple questions like LinkedList prgram, oops questions. some OS related questions etc.

Interview Question – Reversing the linked list   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process consisted in 3 tests I took in the same day. First one was a Java basics test which actually focused more on OOP general concepts and I had 45 minutes to finish it. The second was an SQL test, including some questions about theoretical knowledge and also some queries - medium difficulty. For this one I had one hour to complete it. The third and final one was an English language test. After finishing with all this technical stuff, I had an interview with the project team leader, which did not last more than half an hour and was a general discussion.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all considering that this was an internship application, and their purpose was more to test general programming concepts I should have had from university.   Answer Question

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I have been referred by a friend. After being referred, they called me for a full day interview. The process included two exams a simple IQ exam followed by an English exam. Then I had a quick HR interview. The exams and the HR interview were pretty easy and straightforward. Then I had a technical interview with a senior person. They called after that and told me that I passed the first phase and I have a managerial interview. I went there wearing a formal suite and the manager talked with me about my former job and negotiated the salary with me. Few weeks later, they sent me the offer.

Interview Question – The technical interview was mainly about Object Oriented Programming, J2EE, Data Structures, SQL, Class diagrams, design patterns, problem solving skills, and web technologies.

The managerial interview was main of making sure that you have good programming skills and mainly focused on analyzing my personality.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but my negotiations were refused.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Applications Developer interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.