IBM Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in November 2008.

First round interviews were on campus. Students were then shortlisted for second round interviews in NYC. The flew us out there and we were made to interview with four different people back to back for an hour each. It was a tiring and grueling process, but the interviewers were very friendly and conversational. Each interviewer also presented me with a case to solve. The cases were from their past experiences and were generally open ended.

Interview Questions
  • How should a company manage its operations when it works with two different manufacturing plants in two different locations   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Applied through my university. Heard back from the recruiter within a few days informing of a in person interview. Hiring consistent of a pre-interview dinner, interview with 1 partner, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate - all for 30 minutes each, decision made that day

Interview Questions
    • behavioural based interview. Some off the wall questions like "I wanna start an establishment (club, cafe, etc.) in this town, where would be a good place to set up shop   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all. Standard package offered.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

Hiring started with Aptitude Test. Then followed by a group discussion round and thereafter followed by Technical round and finally by HR . Then all the necessary documents were submitted and finally got offer letters.

Interview Questions
    • You have got two candles and each candle will burn for half an hour. You are put in dark room with a match stick. You have to measure exactly 45 minutes and come out of the room.   View Answers (9)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

It was by shortlisting people with 7 CGPA. There was a Aptitude test with different section. The normal IBM test which is easily available online. Followed by it was short listing to a GD round. People short listed from GD round were interviewd in a Technical round where the basics were asked. Finally der was a HR round before announcing the results.

Interview Questions
    • Write a Algorithm to find the Factorial of a number   View Answer
    No Negotiations.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in August 2011.

it was nice interview started off with basic intro ends up at warm discussion with HR as he was not valid on his point so i clarified him for the same. at last he was impressed by the skills i possessed.

yes quite a bit

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Firstly had to clear a written test which contains aptitude questions. Then Group discussions. If you are selected you have to attend a technical interview. Need to clear that and you are an IBMer.. :)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

I am a guy from Electronics trade and had completed my post graduation when I attended the interview

Steps I faced

1. General aptitude
    2. Language test
    3. Group Discussion
    4. Technical Interview
    5. HR Interview

.... and each one is an elimination round

IBM basically stresses on how good you can take up a challenge. Attending interviews on the basis of referrals gives you an added advantage. Good communication skills are very necessary. That is the first thing the interviewers look in you once you clear the general aptitude. It is an test of how best you can express yourself with the best choice of words (Mind it, it is very tough). Once you are through the second round,it is time for GD. Have clarity of thought. Do not try to just say something to be in the discussion,rather bring up something which drives the discussion ahead (Remember,it counts a lot).

Generally, the above processes take up the first day of your interview. The second day begins with the technical interview. Never assume that to be in IBM, you need to be a Computer Science or Information Technology guy (Major misconception). The people on the other side of the table know everything. So, it doesn't matter which trade you belong to. Remember to study the subjects of your trade very seriously along with basic s of computer science syllabi(Languages like C,C++,Java,Operating systems etc.). The questions are mainly asked from your trade. Answer confidently. The HR round which comes next tests your nerve. Prepare for some very tricky questions and some copybook questions like,

1. Why should we hire you?
    2. What do you know about IBM?
    3. Why do you choose IBM?
    4. Tell us some positive and some negative points about yourself?
    5. Would you relocate anywhere in India?

and such stuff.

Regarding appearance, be neat and clean and wear formal attire (necktie is not mandatory though). The most valuable piece of information is be very punctual (they simply love it).

Interview Questions
    • Describe the architecture of a microprocessor with the supporting diagram.   View Answer
    • Can you write the program for printing the following pattern
      ***
      ****
      *****
      ****
      ***

a) in C
      b) in BASIC
      c) in any other language
        View Answer
    If you are a fresher there is not much to negotiate. But one piece of information is that never deny to relocate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Telephonic interview then gd then 1on1

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to join Ibm and leave the old company   View Answer
    nothing much they have offered the best

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

its purely luck and who is going take interview

Interview Questions
    say you have an offer with other company they will give good package.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!