IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

it was on campus hiring. they recruited in bulk.one need to be good at aptitude for initial clearing of the screening. than a technical round followed by HR round.it was a lengthy interview . one need to be good at the projects completed and what was asked in the apptitude as well.

Interview Questions
  • it is very difficult to answer the question one asked from the technical stuff.one need to be good and through in technical stuff.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

First there was an online written test.It was really tough coz each question was given a specific period of time.I ws selected in the written test.After that we had group discussion it was also an eliminating round.Not much difficult topic was given.After that interviews were being conducted.Mostly students had 2 interviews.,i had only one technical+hr combined..C programs were asked to write with outputs,database questions were asked,and about the projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

There were three rounds. First round was aptitude round. Basic math and logical questions were asked. Second round was Technical interview round. They focused much on my Post Graduation projects.Third round was HR round. It was a very simple round. Mainly they see how much interest you are showing towards IBM.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2011.

only one interview in which they ask about Data Structure, algorithms and Java.

Interview Questions
    • Tree is given. write a program so that every node should point to its grandparent.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

IQ Exam
    English Test
    Technical Exam mostly for Java/C++
    Interview with 3 technical persons
    Manager Interview
    HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Odd questions, like how much a flying plan could weight   View Answer
    Offer sent by Mail and I accepted it

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2008.

I was hired from campus. It involved two rounds of written tests followed by two rounds of interview. The written tests were on analytical & programming skills. The first interview round was technical and I was asked questions from the subjects we had studied in college.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.(For a fresh graduate)   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in June 2008.

First Round Technical written round followed by a Second round of face to face technical interview and HR round.
    First Round:
    Questions from C, C++ and JAVA and Aptitute.
    Second Round:
    Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures and General Puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2008.

With 3 rounds

IQ questions in 1 round
    Skills test in 2nd round
    HR questions in 3rd round

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to add , subtract, Multiply the number containing 300 digits in C ?   View Answer
    The offer they gave was based on my interview irrespective of my previous salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2008.

I was interviewed for the position of an associate software engineer as a part of college/campus placements. There was a skills test taken prior to the interview to screen/shortlist candidates for GD followed by 1:1 interview.

Groups of 8-10 candidates were created for the GD. Five minutes were given for whatever preparations you needed to do after announcing the topic. Only a small number of candidates got screened out after such GD.

The final 1:1 interview was very easy and generic. The interviewer mostly asked questions about your personality, details of things you had written in your resume and only discussed one problem that from the skill test that you had taken earlier in the day.

Interview Questions
    • Hmm. So you like football. What is your favorite football team?   View Answer
    This being a campus recruitment drive the pay package for the opening was announced prior to the process of interview and was not negotiable.