IBM

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Endicott, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Question – A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Total three interview : 2 technical and 1 HR. Technical interviews were of good quality, HR was more of a formality. The second technical was more difficult than the first one.

Interview Question – Mathematical Puzzles   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details associate system engg

Interview Question – what is the career challenge

Interview Question – applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details associate system engg

Interview Question – what is the career challenge
  Answer Question

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – I was hired during the on-campus drive in last year of college.The interview process was very easy but they postponed the joining date by 6 months with no proper notice.

Interview Question – general behaviour questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no use negotiating

Associate Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Hello,
I attend IBM interview on 16th oct 2013 in Chennai.

first round was aptitude.
It covers topics like number series, problems on numbers and etc.
second round was business communication test

Interview Question – Business communication test is easy and it is a elimination round   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Interview Details – Aptitude(quant+series)-2 mins timer for each ques and once answeres you can not go back.
thereafter English communication test and finally the interview (technical cum HR).
All were elimination process.
Finally 65 students got selected in my college.

Interview Question – For IBM, you really have to prepare well for quant and series.They will surely ask you some good questions in this section. There is also 2 min timer for each question and once answered you can not go back.
English communication test was not that much tough. You just have to be in little practice with grammars and some formal letter formats.
Cutoff for the above two sections were not that much high. For the apti part it was around 55-60% and 50% for english section.
Interview process consisted of some technical questions along with HR. Firstly, they asked me to introduce myself thereafter moved on to my major projects(What was my role?) and then asked some questions on my internship. Then he asked few questions related to dynamic memory allocation(calloc,malloc,realloc). Interview lasted for around 25-30 mins.
Overall process was smooth. You just have to be calm and relax. They will not ask anything irrelevant.
After 15-20 mins they announced the result and i got selected.
Most difficult thing with IBM is the timer part attached with the apti section. It will make you very much nervous.
They don't ask anything out of scope. But you have to prepare well and please go through your resume very carefully because questions are basically raised from whatever you have mentioned in your cv. Don't add anything that you don't know.
  Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Was pretty informal, no deep questions regarding electrical field, though he asked just an overview of department (electrical), rest all was pure HR interview. Light interaction, asked about challenges I've faced in life n how did I overcome those. Communication skills matter.

Interview Question – Nothing as such, though I wasn't expecting technical field. I was able to give its overview.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in November 2013.

Interview Details – My Placement Process was held in Pune.

There was a written round first in which there were 18 series question followed by 18 general aptitude question. 2:15 mins were provided for each question. Level of series question was high.

The result was declared within 2 hours and the process was followed by another written test which consisted of 22 question in 20 mins of general English , active & passive, business mail, formal letters etc.

Only 2% candidates could qualify these two rounds.

further an interview was scheduled on the next day. The common questions of interview were out of my own resume like my skills, education, b.tech project, hobbies, my expectation, mu flexibility etc.

It was not at all tough as the interviewer himself helped in building confidence.

Interview Question – What is success according to you?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – There are 6 rounds in total. But don't worry they are very easy.
1 - English test.
2 - Aptitude test.
3 - GD
4 - Written technical test. 3 coding problems.
5 - PI based on round 4 answers.
6 - HR

Interview Question – None of the question is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't get influenced by the company brand. Ask the HR about the salary details. You will not get to know the salary details until you get your offer letter which is given after 4 - 5 months ie. a 1 day prior to your joining.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was an employee referral drive.Interview process consisted 2 written tests one is on aptitude and other is verbal part .IF a person clears these 2 rounds the further rounds are G.D and Face to face HR.
Everything went good for me.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!