IBM

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions
  • A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Three rounds in total.1st round was aptitude consisting number series and some quant questions.Number series questions will be easy.Time management is important.Quant questions were bit tough.Concentrate atleast on one part and get most the answers correctly.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM.

At first there was an Aptitude test which was quite easy and then next round was a test based on the verbal ability which consisted of mainly English question and then final round was Interview in which they asked some basic question from programming and projects.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

first a aptitude round that consisted of question based on series completion , but each question had a seperate timer running so be fast then a round on business english it was quite simple .so no extra effort required.

Interview Questions
    • interviewer: how do u feel about me.
      me: just flattered him.

Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Hiring process is so easy. I was selected on campus. Stay calm and confident.They have come to hire you just show them what you are. A very friendly interview process i have seen so far.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are easy . They will ask few codes to write , easy codes.They can ask you anything realted to your projects if you have done any in your college.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2014.

There was two rounds prior to interview. Initial round was aptitude; half of questions from numerical patterns(Series) and others from sections like percentage,ratio, work etc. both has 18 questions. There was time barrier of 2.15 minutes. No negative marking were in that. Second round was easier than first one; consists of language assessment questions consists of grammar, active passive, business letter formats and all. Those questions can be answered quickly by practicing previous year questions from indiabix and m4maths. Again time limit was there, but that time limit was less stringent compared to first round. on second day there was one to one Interview. it was the easiest round in that they are checking your confidence and communication skeel only. interviewers are very friendly. overall it was a best experience.

Interview Questions
    • interview questions were easy
      they asked me about my academics interest and gave some situation like if you are project team leader of five members how will you manage team? or asked about why you want to join IBM ?
      just be confident in interview.

Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had given interview at IBM on July 2011, they asked about java related questions.
    4 rounds were there, Online, Technical, GD and HR round.
    In Online, it was fully aptitude and C related questions.
    In technical, it was related to java and oops concept and also searching/sorting questions
    GD was ok, HR round discussion was also ok

it was good with 5 rounds:
    written test- it was a good one. There was timing in this
    essay - asked to write a business letter. This was an easy one but many got rejected in this.
    technical-core questions were asked
    hr-easy one normal company related stuff was asked
    done!!!!!!!

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had to go through an aptitude test and then a English language communication test. I passed the test and then I had an interview the following day.The interviewer was cool, he let me feel home and it all went like I was talking to a friend like any other day

Interview Questions
    • Being an electrical engineer why would you join IBM?   View Answer
    There was no such thing

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Two written rounds followed by an interview that is more of a HR round.
    1- First written round comprises of two sections, firstly series completion and secondly, quantitative aptitude. There is time limit of around 2 minutes for each.
    2- English Section- common grammar questions and questions on email etiquette.