IBM

2.6

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions
  • A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

it was good with 5 rounds:
    written test- it was a good one. There was timing in this
    essay - asked to write a business letter. This was an easy one but many got rejected in this.
    technical-core questions were asked
    hr-easy one normal company related stuff was asked
    done!!!!!!!

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had to go through an aptitude test and then a English language communication test. I passed the test and then I had an interview the following day.The interviewer was cool, he let me feel home and it all went like I was talking to a friend like any other day

Interview Questions
    • Being an electrical engineer why would you join IBM?   View Answer
    There was no such thing

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Two written rounds followed by an interview that is more of a HR round.
    1- First written round comprises of two sections, firstly series completion and secondly, quantitative aptitude. There is time limit of around 2 minutes for each.
    2- English Section- common grammar questions and questions on email etiquette.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

first round:aptitude online test
    second round:english again its online
    and interview round asked basics c,c++
    and asked what is ur fav subject...i said os on os they asked
    operating system:what is thrashing concept,,what is deadlock,, what is semaphore and in mangeral round they asked about ma project....
    and about final year project

Interview Questions
    • if i invest u 5lakh rs on ur project...then what u will return me as a product   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

The first round was divided into two parts- 20 questions on number series and then 20 questions were aptitude based on percentage, shares, time and work, etc The level of difficulty is a bit more than average, so practise well! Also, each question has a timer of 2:15 minutes, so read the question carefully and then act fast on it.
    Around 50% students got eliminated here and the other 50 went for online verbal test. It had 20 questions in 22 minutes and the questions were based on business email writing like how do you write the address or how should you sign a document, etc. This one, like the previous, was difficult for an average person too. Again, 50% got eliminated.
    The rest went for PI which was basic HR round, they ask you about everything you've mentioned in CV, ranging from final year project to intern to your family background, so prep well for it.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about my family and my views on Arnab Goswami! IBM's PIs are very unpredictable.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation since it was a campus drive

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

the interviewer started in a casual and friendly manner.as i am from mechanical,he asked me subject questions like detailed second law of thermodynamics,principle of micro oven,blast furnaces.then he moved to my training project that i had done at saii,bokaro;followed it by my project on reciprocating pump and asked its details.finally asked me simple'C''problems and my achievements in sports.

Interview Questions
    • what is the principle of natural draught?   View Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

i applied through college. the process took two days. at first they gave presentation about company history and current working fields.
    1st written round included Number series and apptitude test, 18 questions per section and time limit for each ques. was 2 min and 15 sec.
    2nd written round was english communication test about basic rules of formal letter writting and active-passive voice ques. It was also of multiple choice ques pattern.
    3rd round was HR interview. no technical ques were asked.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

One Apti round with logical reasoning and Pattern questions as well- questions were good but the cut off was low- around 50-60%, One Verbal English round- very easy and cut off was also low- around 70-80% and then one H R round in the end. This was also quite simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2014.

hiring process took place through.Around 46 students are selected.The test was adaptive and all based on series questions ad followed by English test.(tense ,fill in appropriate word .sentence correction type questions.easy to answer)

Interview Questions
    • NO difficult questins.Just brief introduction of ypurself and general questions   Answer Question