IBM Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.6

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in April 2010.

there were 4 rounds of interview: first round was written exam in which we went through with 3 different kind of exams of different timelines. second round was group discussion where they filter those who are good in communication skill .third round was technical round where they filter those who are good in different subject related to company environmnet. fourth round was HR where they were concerned about future plans .

no ..i accepted the terms and condition ,offered by company

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

I was selected in a referral drive, the hiring process consisted of 4 rounds and it finished in 2 days.
    >The first round was a online aptitude test it consisted of 36questions & each question was to answered within 2min 30sec, there was no negative marking.
    >The second round was a English writing round in which we had to write a business email.
    >Third round was GD
    >The final round was a 2 on 1 personal interview in which technical & HR was taken together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2010.

On first day, online aptitude test took place. It was really tough. Only 100 candidates out of 1000 cleared the first round, and were called on for next rounds. We have been told that the next very day would contain two interviews - one technical and one HR. Both technical and HR rounds took place in same row. And, in the evening results were announced, and luckily my name was there in the list of 20 selected candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2008.

I got selected from my college campus. So everything was based on my educational knowledge and aptitude.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview process consist of aptitude round which consist of analytical reasoning, mathematics, and few aptitude questions from books like RS Agarwal.
    After thet there was a delay of at least two weeks for technical round followed by HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Why will you not get the similar opportunity in your companies as you get in IBM.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2008.

-> Written test
    ->GD
    ->Technical Interview
    ->HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Since Linux was a subject in the same semester, Linux based questions were quite difficult for me.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

1. aptitude
    2.group discussion
    3.techinical round
    4. HR round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2009.

Day1:
    Round 1 :Verbal & Analytical questions
    Round 2 : Technical
    Day 2 :
    Round 3 : Group Discussion
    Round 4: HR

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Since this was an interview for an internship, a lot of the questions were behaviorally based. Questions were asked based on projects completed in school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

First there was a aptitude test. It was an online test. the aptitude test consisted of maths related questions. People clearing the aptitude test had to participate in the group discussions. The topics of GD were usually general and current. People who cleared GD phase then had a PI. The interview panel consisted of 2 people currently employed in IBM. The PI questions were mostly technical. They also asked a little about my background and family. People who cleared PI were then offered the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation of any sort.