IBM Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

WW Performance Marketingfor Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with my manager, and my manager's boss. General getting to know you questions and clarifications about my experience and how that might prepare me for performance marketing as well as my interest in IBM, and demand generation and branding. Security division elaborated on as very vague job description on website.

Bluemix Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was far easier than I expected it to be. The interview was primarily a behavioral interview, and the conversation was focused on what I wanted to do at IBM. The manager seemed eager to place me where I thought I would fit the best, so in that respect, it was a great talk.

IBM - Global Business and Analytic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through school. On campus first round interview. 2 cases (one about creating single IT system for federated financial institution) and 1 behavioral ( all star stories.) Second round was in Chicago- group case, 1 individual case, 1 fit interview (less star stories, more tell us about yourself). They notified you on time about moving on to second rounds. Our school alumni were very good about doing a practice case and group case before the final round which was the end of Oct in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Second round- how do you set limits/ have a work life balance? How do you tell a senior no when you have too much work and they are clearly using you to do their work?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Three one on one interviews in a row, two of which were behavioral and the last was a case study. The case study was very simple and behavioral interviews were just like any other behavioral interview. The questions were mostly "Tell me about X on your resume," "Tell me about a time when...," and "Why IBM?" It was a fairly straight forward interview.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews; in all it took over four weeks, I did not hear back, I tried to check with contacts but they could not provide update on the next interview. I understand that the interview process could take a while. I do not have further information about the process.

Interview Questions

• Introduction, general discussion about the group and personal experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with my school's IBM recruiter and went on to apply online to the job postings I thought would best fit me. The recruiter sent the hiring managers a personal note along with my resume and application. I received an email a few weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview and asking me to rank my software skills. Phone interview went well and I got invited to an in office interview a few weeks later. Office interview started with a technical interview with a current Software Engineer and ended with a standard interview with the Manager. Received a call a few weeks later from the Manager informing me of the offer I would be receiving later that week and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name three different data structures.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy because I was well known inside the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you work as a contractor and not a full-time employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None what so every. Here it is, take it or leave it.

Storage Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked storage support questions. Not much else to say, thirty words of storage questions. More storage equipment questions. What makes up a Storage Area Network (NAS) . How to setup mirrored storage? How to co figure a RAID system? What different kinds of RAID are there? . A lot about behavioral questions, they are big about the cultural there.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Fairly straight forward, all technical and background, no cultural fit or anything else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Through agency.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

First there is a test to see if you will even interview. After the test they set up a group interview (DRESS VERY NICELY). There is a one-on-one behavioral and technical interview. After this whole day (about 6-7 hours) they will call and let you know if you have the job.