IBM

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IBM - Global Business and Analytic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

I applied through school. On campus first round interview. 2 cases (one about creating single IT system for federated financial institution) and 1 behavioral ( all star stories.) Second round was in Chicago- group case, 1 individual case, 1 fit interview (less star stories, more tell us about yourself). They notified you on time about moving on to second rounds. Our school alumni were very good about doing a practice case and group case before the final round which was the end of Oct in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Second round- how do you set limits/ have a work life balance? How do you tell a senior no when you have too much work and they are clearly using you to do their work?   Answer Question

CBD - Entry Level Consultant - Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Quick process - get called in for an interview on site and go through 3 interviews, 2 behavioral and one case. They move you in and out quickly, not much time for pleasantries and the such. Typical behavioral interview questions and about yourself and your resume in general. Standard case study type question and format.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Interview process was quick and easy because I was well known inside the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work as a contractor and not a full-time employee?   Answer Question
    None what so every. Here it is, take it or leave it.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Fairly straight forward, all technical and background, no cultural fit or anything else.

Through agency.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2013.

First there is a test to see if you will even interview. After the test they set up a group interview (DRESS VERY NICELY). There is a one-on-one behavioral and technical interview. After this whole day (about 6-7 hours) they will call and let you know if you have the job.

Market Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2011.

I applied online back in October and received a call from the hiring manager in late December (IBM takes that long for everyone in most cases). The manager very honest and frank and a employee with 40+ years at IBM. Scheduled a 1 on 1 interview within a week, went there and was very impressed. The manager was very qualified with an MBA and explained the position in detail also took time to learn about me. Received a verbal offer and received a written offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as I received an offer that met my expectation.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Process was very fast as they were trying to fill a position for an upcoming project

Interview Questions
    • how do you configure key figures in SAP APO   View Answer

Salary

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Several phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. Not difficult really. Three managers asked an array of questions about my past employers and what kind of experiences I possessed. Average questions.

Yes, I was able to negotiate some. Make sure you ask about the comp plan as there are many. Some comp plans immediately deduct 18% of your salary. You can earn it back if you hit plan. Quotas change often.

Service Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I spoke with manager, team lead and project manager, The overall process was easy. They asked me to detail my experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Here is the hiring process in sequence :-

1. Telephonic Interview by Senior Management - Typically happens within 1-2 weeks after resume is shortlisted
    2. Call for face to face interview - After you clear telephonic round, IBM will give you different options to choose location and date for face to face interview.
    3. Face to face interview will start with a presentation by IBM. All interviewers will be divided in groups (typically 3 per table), and a case study will be given to each group.
    4. Expectation from each group is to discuss the case study, and be ready for presentation in front of senior management. Each team member in a group must decide what he/she would present. Typically you will get 2-3 min to present your section.
    5. Three rounds of face to face interview will be conducted after case study presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round is easy, but behavioral rounds might have questions that need you to scan your past work and answer them accordingly like :-
      1. Example where you have contributed potential savings in a project
      2. Any example where you did something wrong in a project, and how did you fix it etc....

Answer Question