IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed be 3 different IBM Partners. These were each 30-minutes in length and happened back-to-back, so it was a little enduring. Overall, had a good experience. 2 of these were behavioral interviews and 1 was a business case. The case was challenging but doable - it was my first case interview.

Interview Question – The business case was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Intern (IT Software Sales Specialist) Interview

Summer Intern (IT Software Sales Specialist)
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a recruiter, applied and had to follow up. Immediately the intern manager got my resume, she scheduled a phone interview for the next day and informed me I should hear from her within a week to schedule a second interview if they decided to give me a chance, a week later I heard nothing, so I followed up ad she informed me she was still in the process of reviewing our first interview, and would get back to me. Two days later, she emailed to schedule a phone interview with one of the host managers. I had applied for the IT specialist position but few days later, after the second interview, I was told to re-apply for the software sales specialist intern position, I did that and few days later I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing so difficult, mostly behavioral question, also, they wanted to know how enthusiastic I was about joining them   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, pay is based on the number of school credits completed

Software License Analyst Interview

Software License Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview required previous mainframe/server experience in an operations environment or one of those supporting roles (production support or helpdesk). Hiring manager asked if I could explain lpars in relation to a mainframe CPU and also asked if I was familiar with associated mips or MSUs of a given system. He also asked if I was familiar with any of IBM's Tivoli products.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was comfortable working with peers in India or South America.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was familiar with the going rate across the industry and negotiated successfully based on past experience.

CBD - Entry Level Consultant - Commercial Interview

CBD - Entry Level Consultant - Commercial
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview Details – Quick process - get called in for an interview on site and go through 3 interviews, 2 behavioral and one case. They move you in and out quickly, not much time for pleasantries and the such. Typical behavioral interview questions and about yourself and your resume in general. Standard case study type question and format.

Interview Question – The case study   Answer Question

Inside Client Representative Interview

Inside Client Representative
Smyrna, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – 6 interviews in the same day with 7 managers

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Low salary for ever

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview Details – Here is the hiring process in sequence :-

1. Telephonic Interview by Senior Management - Typically happens within 1-2 weeks after resume is shortlisted
2. Call for face to face interview - After you clear telephonic round, IBM will give you different options to choose location and date for face to face interview.
3. Face to face interview will start with a presentation by IBM. All interviewers will be divided in groups (typically 3 per table), and a case study will be given to each group.
4. Expectation from each group is to discuss the case study, and be ready for presentation in front of senior management. Each team member in a group must decide what he/she would present. Typically you will get 2-3 min to present your section.
5. Three rounds of face to face interview will be conducted after case study presentation.

Interview Question – Technical round is easy, but behavioral rounds might have questions that need you to scan your past work and answer them accordingly like :-
1. Example where you have contributed potential savings in a project
2. Any example where you did something wrong in a project, and how did you fix it etc....
  Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick and easy because I was well known inside the company.

Interview Question – Can you work as a contractor and not a full-time employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None what so every. Here it is, take it or leave it.

Service Planner Interview

Service Planner
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with manager, team lead and project manager, The overall process was easy. They asked me to detail my experience.

Interview Question – No real technical questions   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Security Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward, all technical and background, no cultural fit or anything else.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through agency.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – First there is a test to see if you will even interview. After the test they set up a group interview (DRESS VERY NICELY). There is a one-on-one behavioral and technical interview. After this whole day (about 6-7 hours) they will call and let you know if you have the job.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!