IBM Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 7, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Several phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. Not difficult really. Three managers asked an array of questions about my past employers and what kind of experiences I possessed. Average questions.

Yes, I was able to negotiate some. Make sure you ask about the comp plan as there are many. Some comp plans immediately deduct 18% of your salary. You can earn it back if you hit plan. Quotas change often.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Was interviewed be 3 different IBM Partners. These were each 30-minutes in length and happened back-to-back, so it was a little enduring. Overall, had a good experience. 2 of these were behavioral interviews and 1 was a business case. The case was challenging but doable - it was my first case interview.

Summer Intern (IT Software Sales Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

I was referred by a recruiter, applied and had to follow up. Immediately the intern manager got my resume, she scheduled a phone interview for the next day and informed me I should hear from her within a week to schedule a second interview if they decided to give me a chance, a week later I heard nothing, so I followed up ad she informed me she was still in the process of reviewing our first interview, and would get back to me. Two days later, she emailed to schedule a phone interview with one of the host managers. I had applied for the IT specialist position but few days later, after the second interview, I was told to re-apply for the software sales specialist intern position, I did that and few days later I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing so difficult, mostly behavioral question, also, they wanted to know how enthusiastic I was about joining them   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, pay is based on the number of school credits completed

Software License Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview required previous mainframe/server experience in an operations environment or one of those supporting roles (production support or helpdesk). Hiring manager asked if I could explain lpars in relation to a mainframe CPU and also asked if I was familiar with associated mips or MSUs of a given system. He also asked if I was familiar with any of IBM's Tivoli products.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was comfortable working with peers in India or South America.   View Answer
    I was familiar with the going rate across the industry and negotiated successfully based on past experience.

CBD - Entry Level Consultant - Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Quick process - get called in for an interview on site and go through 3 interviews, 2 behavioral and one case. They move you in and out quickly, not much time for pleasantries and the such. Typical behavioral interview questions and about yourself and your resume in general. Standard case study type question and format.

Inside Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

6 interviews in the same day with 7 managers

Low salary for ever

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Here is the hiring process in sequence :-

1. Telephonic Interview by Senior Management - Typically happens within 1-2 weeks after resume is shortlisted
    2. Call for face to face interview - After you clear telephonic round, IBM will give you different options to choose location and date for face to face interview.
    3. Face to face interview will start with a presentation by IBM. All interviewers will be divided in groups (typically 3 per table), and a case study will be given to each group.
    4. Expectation from each group is to discuss the case study, and be ready for presentation in front of senior management. Each team member in a group must decide what he/she would present. Typically you will get 2-3 min to present your section.
    5. Three rounds of face to face interview will be conducted after case study presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round is easy, but behavioral rounds might have questions that need you to scan your past work and answer them accordingly like :-
      1. Example where you have contributed potential savings in a project
      2. Any example where you did something wrong in a project, and how did you fix it etc....
        Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Interview process was quick and easy because I was well known inside the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work as a contractor and not a full-time employee?   Answer Question
    None what so every. Here it is, take it or leave it.

Service Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I spoke with manager, team lead and project manager, The overall process was easy. They asked me to detail my experience.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Fairly straight forward, all technical and background, no cultural fit or anything else.

Through agency.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!