IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pre-Sales Interview

Pre-Sales

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Spoke to a few people at IBM. Technical and Sales people. 4 interviews. First was with HR. Second with a technical person. Third with sales manager. Fourth was with my current manager. Offer happened after that.

Interview Question – What did you do to convince a person to buy your product   View Answer

Partner Interview

Partner

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Drawn out of 6 months, the interviews did not seem to build on information gathered in previous rounds. Some of the interviewers (who seemed to have a veto right but no real ownership of the hire) appeared disengaged, while others took the opportunity to emphasise their own personal achievements in a way that did not add any insight into the organisation.

Interview Question – What does taking this job mean in terms of where you want to take your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professional and reasonably quick. The contract matched what was promised. Some negotiation over IP protection but they were more accommodating of carve-outs than I had expected.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Random phone interview from Malaysia, then intense IPAT online test. Passed it and then individual interview with one of the recruiters based in Melbourne. AC as last round.

Interview Question – individual interview with HR was relatively easy. Basic interview and behavioral questions. Advice: Know your story and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Online assessment was quite hard, number sequences, they were most likely looking for a threshold
Phone call twice after that
They even emailed me the questions
interview with HR
interview with two hiring manager. quite friendly

Interview Question – typical questions, conversation like   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Interview Question – Why do you stand out for this role?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and then an offer, first with a HR representative and second with a senior practitioner from the relevant division.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had a few face-to-face interviews, but the big one was a panel interview. I had four people sitting on the same side of the table, opposite of me. They each had their own "script" that had specific questions. They continuously peppered me with question after question.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Senior Technical Specialist
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview with technical questions

Interview Question – how to deal with Clients   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – IBM do what they want and the contract is not worth toilet paper

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Gold Coast (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Interview Details – 2x phone interview, 1x onsite. All very well-organised and expectations were clear. Interviews were both technical and HR-like (eg, 'how do you work in a team' kind of questions). Communication was easy and consistent.

Interview Question – Skills test (eg, 20 questions) across software, systems administration, and networking.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

Interview Details – Online test followed by a day of challenges with other applicants.

Interview Question – Number sequences on the online test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable, apart from relocation expenses.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice in Australia. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.