IBM BPM Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Had an on campus interview which consisted of process mapping and checking code. Invited to Austin for an Onsite interview. Had 3 rounds of interviews by consultants with about 1.5 years experienced. All asked technical questions (process mapping and creating programing in pseudo code) and light behavioral questions. Received a product demonstration and was taken out to lunch. Was told after the interview that all offers had been given out but I had passed and if space opened up they would give me a call. Got an email one month later that all spots in the program were filled.

Interview Questions
  • Create a program to tell you if a string was a palindrome. (show it in two ways).   Answer Question
  • What are nested For loops used for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

The interview consisted of normal behavioral questions and one or two technical questions. The technical question was to write a program (in layman's terms, not necessarily using a programming language) describing how a first year geometry student could input the length of different sides of a triangle to calculate the perimeter. Other behavioral questions were very abstract, making the interview somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How do you write a program to calculate the perimeter of a triangle.   Answer Question
    • Name three things you would change about your school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

I gave IBM my resume at the career fair and heard back from them the next day. My first interview was on campus and consisted of a 1:1 interview that lasted about 45 mins. It was mostly behavioral and there was one coding question that was really easy. The next day I was called for a second interview and they flew me out to Austin and even worked with me to fly me back to Dallas instead of OKC. The second interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews that were 45 mins each. They were behavioral and technical. The technical piece was all case study. There was a LOT of case study questions. Make sure you are confident in your answer because they will try to trick you into questioning yourself when you are right just to see how confident you are. The interviews were pretty intense. They also showed us a product of theirs before they flew us back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

The entire process is very organized. The inital phone call is from HR for screening; next phone call is for Technial interview, and within 15 minutes there was an invitation to do an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!