IBM

Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.8

167 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

first round:aptitude online test
    second round:english again its online
    and interview round asked basics c,c++
    and asked what is ur fav subject...i said os on os they asked
    operating system:what is thrashing concept,,what is deadlock,, what is semaphore and in mangeral round they asked about ma project....
    and about final year project

Interview Questions
    • if i invest u 5lakh rs on ur project...then what u will return me as a product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

One Apti round with logical reasoning and Pattern questions as well- questions were good but the cut off was low- around 50-60%, One Verbal English round- very easy and cut off was also low- around 70-80% and then one H R round in the end. This was also quite simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in August 2014.

hiring process took place through.Around 46 students are selected.The test was adaptive and all based on series questions ad followed by English test.(tense ,fill in appropriate word .sentence correction type questions.easy to answer)

Interview Questions
    • NO difficult questins.Just brief introduction of ypurself and general questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

1st Round – Online Coding
    1. Contiguous elements in an array whose sum is k.
    2. Convert sorted array to binary search tree
    2nd Round – Telephonic
    1. Given an array of characters, find the longest continuous non-repeating sequence of characters. Algo + Code
    3rd Round – Technical round
    1. Find the mirror image of a binary tree. Algo + Code
    2. Given a string, find the largest repetitive sequence. Algo + Code
    4th Round – Manager Round
    Asked dilemma situation. Any process development work, work experience and all.

PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Made candidate to wait for very long time which was very irritating. Candidates waited for 4 to 5 hours till evening where we were called at 10 . The Management was not satisfactory and not organized in a professional way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Aptitude(quant+series)-2 mins timer for each ques and once answeres you can not go back.
    thereafter English communication test and finally the interview (technical cum HR).
    All were elimination process.
    Finally 65 students got selected in my college.

Interview Questions
    • For IBM, you really have to prepare well for quant and series.They will surely ask you some good questions in this section. There is also 2 min timer for each question and once answered you can not go back.
      English communication test was not that much tough. You just have to be in little practice with grammars and some formal letter formats.
      Cutoff for the above two sections were not that much high. For the apti part it was around 55-60% and 50% for english section.
      Interview process consisted of some technical questions along with HR. Firstly, they asked me to introduce myself thereafter moved on to my major projects(What was my role?) and then asked some questions on my internship. Then he asked few questions related to dynamic memory allocation(calloc,malloc,realloc). Interview lasted for around 25-30 mins.
      Overall process was smooth. You just have to be calm and relax. They will not ask anything irrelevant.
      After 15-20 mins they announced the result and i got selected.
      Most difficult thing with IBM is the timer part attached with the apti section. It will make you very much nervous.
      They don't ask anything out of scope. But you have to prepare well and please go through your resume very carefully because questions are basically raised from whatever you have mentioned in your cv. Don't add anything that you don't know.

Answer Question

Incident Management SME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Got a call from Recruiter for the post of Incident Management SME, after initial screening my resume was forwarded to IBM where they shortlisted it and Recruiter intimated me to attend the Face to Face interview. Had to visit IBM office in mumbai (NKP) for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is Event Management?
      What is CI ?
      What is CMDB (Configuration Management Database?
      What are the two types of Problem Managements ?
      What is the difference between Major and Critical incidents ?
      What are your BAU (Business as usual) activities everyday ?
      How do you troubleshoot an incident, when it occurs ?
      What information is required by the incident manager ?

View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Need good communication skill, Good Hardware Knowledge. Minimum 1 year experienced can walk in for the interview. only 2 rounds of interviews are there, personal round and the technical round

Interview Questions

I am not good to in hardware side.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in August 2013.

I have given interviews of IBM and cleared it.but did not got offer letter...and status showing RCM.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Was good as I was lucky to be interviewed and selected by a good person

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer didn't have enough knowledge of the job and shot some vague questions   View Answer
    good