IBM

157 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – one manager ,one hr

Interview Question – what is the career challenge   View Answer

Reason for Declining – got another offer

Software Developer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Round – Online Coding
1. Contiguous elements in an array whose sum is k.
2. Convert sorted array to binary search tree
2nd Round – Telephonic
1. Given an array of characters, find the longest continuous non-repeating sequence of characters. Algo + Code
3rd Round – Technical round
1. Find the mirror image of a binary tree. Algo + Code
2. Given a string, find the largest repetitive sequence. Algo + Code
4th Round – Manager Round
Asked dilemma situation. Any process development work, work experience and all.

Interview Question – Asked dilemma situation   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very Professional . Great People .

Interview Question – Challenging situations u faced & what behavior/ competency u demonstrated   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Enjoying . team was flexible & understood my needs & worked out solutions accordingly

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, back gorund check

Interview Question – What does an HR professional need to always maintain irrespective of role/ company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I didn't consider negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth, While the interview process was a bit rocky...
Invited for the technical interview, Made to wait for 20 mins. Technical interviewer finishes the interview. Made to wait for 2 hours to inform that the Mangerial round of interview will not happen the same day. Had to travel to IBM office after a couple of weeks and the interviewer was rude as he was asked to take this interview all of a sudden and he didnt have time for me. FInished the interview, no salary negotiation.
Offer letter was send by courier in a weeks time, well behaved HRs. HRs responded to all queries.

Interview Question – All straight forward questions in technical round
Managerial round was with open ended questions and interviewer showed lack of interest in interviewing.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the Manager didnt have time

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Interview Details – Aptitude(quant+series)-2 mins timer for each ques and once answeres you can not go back.
thereafter English communication test and finally the interview (technical cum HR).
All were elimination process.
Finally 65 students got selected in my college.

Interview Question – For IBM, you really have to prepare well for quant and series.They will surely ask you some good questions in this section. There is also 2 min timer for each question and once answered you can not go back.
English communication test was not that much tough. You just have to be in little practice with grammars and some formal letter formats.
Cutoff for the above two sections were not that much high. For the apti part it was around 55-60% and 50% for english section.
Interview process consisted of some technical questions along with HR. Firstly, they asked me to introduce myself thereafter moved on to my major projects(What was my role?) and then asked some questions on my internship. Then he asked few questions related to dynamic memory allocation(calloc,malloc,realloc). Interview lasted for around 25-30 mins.
Overall process was smooth. You just have to be calm and relax. They will not ask anything irrelevant.
After 15-20 mins they announced the result and i got selected.
Most difficult thing with IBM is the timer part attached with the apti section. It will make you very much nervous.
They don't ask anything out of scope. But you have to prepare well and please go through your resume very carefully because questions are basically raised from whatever you have mentioned in your cv. Don't add anything that you don't know.
  Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired a graduate hire for after clearing seven rounds.
2 written
1 english
gd
tech discussion
hr

Interview Question – where u want to see your self ?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Interview Details – I got call from a consultancy. The interview consisted of two technical rounds, one managerial round.

Interview Question – All questions are plain java and jsp, servlet questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Interview Details – preliminary round included math and java questions

Interview Question – java library based questions were difficult   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have given interviews of IBM and cleared it.but did not got offer letter...and status showing RCM.

Interview Question – they asked average questions...   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice in Bangalore, India. All 157 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.