IBM Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

2.8

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2012.

The position was for the role of a C++ developer.
    There was a one on one interview with 2 members of the IBM team.Question were asked from Data structures and Pl/sql.It was surprising that only one question was asked on c++ when the role clearly stated
    "C++ developer".On asking the reason on why the emphasis was not on C++-the answer was that they were trying to cover entire open systems programming background..
    That is when I left.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in January 2012.

I was hired a graduate hire for after clearing seven rounds.
    2 written
    1 english
    gd
    tech discussion
    hr

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2011.

The interview for which Iappeared was for the IJP and honestly speaking after 2006 I have never appeared in an interview for any other organization. The position in IJP that I applied for was about the IT Project and Production support. It requires the person should have the fair idea of ITSM policies and documentations alongwith goodknowledge of IT Infrastructure management.

Interview Questions
    • How you will be able to Manage from Operation to Support since you do not have any experience of Support function related to IT Infrastructure.   View Answer
    If you know that Iamthe best then you are eligilble to get the better hike with a minimal negiotiation. Even every HR do observe these facts while taking an interview.

Critical Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in December 2011.

The interview was ok. The interviewer asked about knowledge of Incident Management. ITIL processes and what would you do to improve the processes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve the process in the project   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

same as normally

Interview Questions
    • trees what are they and a program to describe them   View Answer
    nothing much they agreed to my terms as i was well within the limits

Staff Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

The interview process was good, but took a week to get to the salary discussion. The requirement was for GUI and Server Side coding. I had two levels of interview.

First level was java interview, where I was asked questions related to collections, Threads, Consumer Producer problem, Design Patterns. I had to explain most of it with the help of a sample code to highlight that I know things not just theoretically but also practically.

Following java interview I had GUI interview, where I was asked questions related to HTML, javascript, CSS, AJAX, JSF, Servlets and JSP

Interview Questions
    • I felt that the questions asked were general expect for a few analytical questions   Answer Question
    During the negotiation phase, its better to keep all the required documents with you. I had asked for x% of hike. Since it was higher than normal industry standard, I was asked for the justification.

I provided required documents to highlight why they need to give me the expected hike and also how they would be benefited if they select me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

Interview was a very pleasant experience. Started with HR asking few puzzles followed by 2 rounds to technical and final HR round

Interview Questions
    Not much room left for negotiation. Package will be given according to ur previous package and skills.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

I got the call through employee referral. I was asked to be present at the interview venue before 1 PM as they had mentioned that they will not allow any fresh candidates after that.
    The interview consisted of a 1:1 technical interview to be followed by a personal discussion. I completed the technical interview and had to wait for nearly 2.5 to 3 hours to know the results of the technical discussion. Finally they said I was not selected and even in that there was some confusion and the HR person present had to get in touch with the person who conducted the technical interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

There were three rounds. First round was aptitude round. Basic math and logical questions were asked. Second round was Technical interview round. They focused much on my Post Graduation projects.Third round was HR round. It was a very simple round. Mainly they see how much interest you are showing towards IBM.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2011.

Hiring Process is big issue for these BPO's or KPO's. They just fill in business requirement and not candidate's requirement, hence see good amount of attrition compared to other sector.

Interview Questions
    They have a predefined salary slab and I dont see them stretching from there.