IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

3 calls with HR people. 1 call with hiring manager. Typical questions and follow up process. I would recommend follow up with everyone you speak with. Also, make sure to connect all managers and HR people on LinkedIn. Also make sure to have plenty of knowledge relating to the history of the company. People really enjoy conversations about IBM history.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

In the phone interview, I was asked to introduced myself focusing on my developing experience and skills instead of being asked questions. Then I went to the second round interview, and talked with a technician in an office. I was asked how to design a website.

Interview Questions
    • There would be a IQ test. Get well prepared for that or you might regret!   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in April 2013.

VERY long process filled with weeks of no communication. I was contacted by IBM for two different roles. Several telephone interviews. Then a group interview in Boston. We were split into two groups of three. We did a group project. Like a case study in B-school and presented our findings and recommendations to a group made up of senior people in the practice. Then we had one-on-one interviews with a couple of them. I was practically offered the job. Then I was told I needed to interview with the VP over the group. He was already in a bad mood when we started the call. He had his mind made up before we ever talked. All in all it was a difficult experience at best.

Interview Questions
    • How much will the solution cost? (Question posed during the group interview.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

First, i received a call online

Interview Questions

Hiring process is not done yet ! i will update this later

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Hiring process was initially a little difficult as it looked like they weren't initially interested, but upon obtaining an offer from a competitor, they perked up and quickly moved through hiring.

Interview Questions
    Very short. They clearly wanted me to join and made the top offer.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interviews are normally very formal. Interview panels with in IBM are technically very strong. I have been working with IBM for 12 years so can't speak much about current interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was mostly formal. Questions were based on past experience.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2012.

I was referred by a friend, Had two phone screens and an on site interview that lasted about 4 hours. They had tons of candidates, and they took their time thinning the herd. It was days upon days without any word, between first phone screen and second, and another 10 working days before was called for an on site. after final interview, it was almost two weeks before i got an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, The offer was more than fair

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Telephonic Interview screening

Interview Questions
    • Asked about testing and just checked about a overall understaning of CS and questions on the resume   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2012.

I was contacted for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume for the position. After an initial phone screening, I was set up for a phone interview with two of the hiring managers at the same time. A week later I was contacted to come in for a formal interview at their offices in Westford where I met with two more hiring managers. The interview was about an hour long and detailed all of the functions I would be performing for the team.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experience to date help you in this job role? And how will you make up for those experiences that we outlined that you don't have.   Answer Question

It was a very difficult decision between them and another firm... In the end, the other firm's benefits (and higher salary) were too good to pass up.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2011.

It was the typical consulting interview. Multiple people, small tests, etc.

Got another offer