IBM Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Referred to IBM by an employee who informed me there were two open SA positions. First there were two phone calls with the potential team lead and first line manager. I then had to give a 30-minute presentation around a career accomplishment involving Business Analytics for the potential first, second and third line managers. After the presentation I was presented with three different tracks at IBM and stuck with the SA position - which I have been content with for 3 years now. I was presented an offer within 5 business days.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any brain-busters however I knew my presentation subject matter to the finest detail and had spent 5-6 hours preparing & rehearsing it. IBM emphasizes preparation so try to be as thorough as possible in your prep work   Answer Question
    Had to haggle with HR for the salary I wanted - they gave me a 10k "reference" salary which got me to my desired # to start out which was maintained for two years however in 2014 this was taken away across all SAs and back-loaded into potential commission payouts. Looking back I should have fought harder for more salary...so fight hard to get your # as IBM doesn't give base pay raises very often. 3 years of good/solid performance & results with no base pay increase, but the commissions have provided my all-in desired pay thus far.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

1 phone interview with project manager, 1 phone interview with team member, IQ test

IBM uses band system to determine your salary range. There is a lower and higher bound of the band you are in. Definitely negotiate if you feel underpaid

Senior IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2011.

The interview process was very simple. After an introduction by a recruiter, I was invited to participate in 6 phone interviews with different persons/roles within the consulting practice I was pursuing.

Five of the interviews took place without mishap and no questions being too hard to answer. One interviewer 'forgot' about the interview and left me on the phone for 15 minutes.

Passing the phone interview process, I was flown to Boston to meet face to face with 2 managers and describe a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you believe you failed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

-two phone interview two different days
    -two 15 minute interviews another day
    -a job offer a month later

none - college hire

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

phone call interview with HR followed by engineers and manager interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

contacted through job fair, day long interview, nice dinner. follow up interview conducted with team members; good way to test chemistry. Human Resources are a good point of discussion regarding questions. Very pro active

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

It was easy and the people were very nice.

It is what it is. This is what we have, if you don't like it, we have others in line waiting for the same offer.

Management Consultant (Strategy & Change) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in November 2009.

I had a back-to-back phone interview with two people. The first was a case interview and the second was a behavioral interview. Each interview took half an hour each.

Following the phone interview I was called in for a day long on-site interview at Boston. We had a group discuss with three other interviewees. This was followed by two one-on-one interviews with partners and principals. One was a case interview which was moderately difficult with very little number crunching. The second was a fit interview.

I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the partner's gave me a case which was created from her personal experience with an automotive company. She gave me the high level problem and asked me to provide her with an approach to tackle the problem.

The problem related to a design process of a product prototype. The goal was to reduce the time and resources it took to design the prototype.
        Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

It was for an internship position and I only had one phone interview. It was relatively low on technical questions since they were looking for someone soon. They did go through some of my previous work and since I had a decent portfolio for an intern the offer was easy to get.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting questions about management and team work since it was a technical job. Questions like how did you work with the team when deadlines were not met or working with someone who was not a good collaborator, etc.   View Answers (2)