IBM Interview Questions & Reviews in Boston, MA

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM.

First, i received a call online

Interview Questions

Hiring process is not done yet ! i will update this later

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

contacted through job fair, day long interview, nice dinner. follow up interview conducted with team members; good way to test chemistry. Human Resources are a good point of discussion regarding questions. Very pro active

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in October 2008.

Campus recruit. twointerview rounds, three one-on-one interviews in all.

Accepted the offer as-is

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2012.

I was referred by a friend, Had two phone screens and an on site interview that lasted about 4 hours. They had tons of candidates, and they took their time thinning the herd. It was days upon days without any word, between first phone screen and second, and another 10 working days before was called for an on site. after final interview, it was almost two weeks before i got an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, The offer was more than fair

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Telephonic Interview screening

Interview Questions
    • Asked about testing and just checked about a overall understaning of CS and questions on the resume   Answer Question

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interviews are normally very formal. Interview panels with in IBM are technically very strong. I have been working with IBM for 12 years so can't speak much about current interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was mostly formal. Questions were based on past experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westford, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

I was contacted for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume for the position. After an initial phone screening, I was set up for a phone interview with two of the hiring managers at the same time. A week later I was contacted to come in for a formal interview at their offices in Westford where I met with two more hiring managers. The interview was about an hour long and detailed all of the functions I would be performing for the team.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experience to date help you in this job role? And how will you make up for those experiences that we outlined that you don't have.   Answer Question

It was a very difficult decision between them and another firm... In the end, the other firm's benefits (and higher salary) were too good to pass up.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2011.

It was the typical consulting interview. Multiple people, small tests, etc.

Got another offer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

It was easy and the people were very nice.

It is what it is. This is what we have, if you don't like it, we have others in line waiting for the same offer.