IBM

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Meet with about 5 managers and teams, it's a day long. They do more speaking than you have too. Be honest and tell them your interests. The managers go over what they do and sometimes they describe the entire organization. The questions they generally have are not too difficult, but you should be on top of things just in case. This didn't happen to me, but someone had to write a small circuit example for an engineering job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

After I submitted an application I was contacted within about a week. From there I had about 3 phone interviews with different people. After that I was invited to visit on site and go through a full day of interviews and a tour of the facility. There were about 4 more interviews that day. A couple days after the interview, I was sent an offer. Communication throughout the entire process was either through email or phone and they were very prompt with their responses. Throughout the whole process everyone I interacted with was very friendly and during the onsite visit I felt everyone was very proud to work there.

Interview Questions
    Yes. Definitely negotiate and ask for more than you want, there's a good chance you can get it or at least close to it.

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interviewed with several hiring managers from different departments. Disconnect between HR and management as I was interviewed for a process Job and I had originally applied for equipment maintenance. Got to meet several techs and had a tour of the manufacturing line. They went over basic job requirements and protocol.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic behavioral questions with a mix of chit chat about social life. Nothing technical at all was discussed.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as I was right out of college

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2009.

I was hired through an on campus process. It was poorly managed from a communications standpoint.

Interview Questions
    One sided, at IBM you take or leave the offer generally.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2009.

IBM's overall interview process was very positive. All employees made me feel like I was the guest of honor, and it was the company's privilege to have me there. I was handed off to various employees, mostly to ask about the workplace environment.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly no technical question, just general inquiries into items on my resume; but no 'give me a time when...' questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, and the prospect was raised by my hiring manager.