IBM

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – pretty smooth process--went to DC area to interview. two interviews--1 case and 1 behavioral

Interview Question – behavioral was very intense--be prepared to defend your answers and think on your feet   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews, fairly easy. They basically wanted a walk through of your resume, and past projects. What are some of your best and worst qualities, just basic interview questions. IBM flew me out to the IBM plant in Ohio. They covered the Hotel Expenses as well as the flight expenses. However, they did not have paid transportation to the hotel from the Airport. It would have been nice to have someone there waiting for me with a sign of my name, to take me to my hotel, seeing as how i am not from Ohio.

Interview Question – They were all straight forward answers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dubuque, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through current employee. No references were checked. Interview consisted of standard questions e.g., What would you do if there was conflict on your team. There is typically a large amount of time between submitting your job application and receiving any word from IBM.
At this time IBM consistently offers jobs but is unable to find skilled employees. This gives them to opportunity to look like they're trying to hire without actually spending the money to hire.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It was take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – One Phone interview and then meet with the immediate superior on site.

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a screen interview for an hour which consisted of general HR questions and a few technical questions at the end - "Define cash flow", how would you accout for investments, which side is debit/credit on the balance sheet? After the screen interview I was sent an email with a test that needed to be completed in 3 days. The test included general number sequences, as well ratios, algebra and probability. Each question is multiple choice and you only have 2 minutes to answer before the question completely dissapears, so you have to think quick and try to figure out the answer from the options provided. The next interview was with 3 people, the project manager as well as a perosn form HR and a person from the department - technical questions as well as behavioural questions - describe a project you are proud of, etc...

Interview Question – Define depreciation and how you would account for depreciation on the 3 main financial statements.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is usually by phone and managers are often traveling or remote. Can be difficult to get a real sense for the interviewer or the culture.

Interview Question – What project that you worked had the most impact on the business overall?   Answer Question

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – It was a long interview process. I had 3 phone interviews and along with 2 in person interview. Basic interview questions about my experience and research.

Interview Question – If you could choose to be an animal, what animal would you be.   Answer Question

Westford, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume for the position. After an initial phone screening, I was set up for a phone interview with two of the hiring managers at the same time. A week later I was contacted to come in for a formal interview at their offices in Westford where I met with two more hiring managers. The interview was about an hour long and detailed all of the functions I would be performing for the team.

Interview Question – How will your experience to date help you in this job role? And how will you make up for those experiences that we outlined that you don't have.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a very difficult decision between them and another firm... In the end, the other firm's benefits (and higher salary) were too good to pass up.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2008.

Interview Details – Focus on communication, lay emphasis on your domain knowledge and what value you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Try negotiate as far as possible on salary and position. Difficult to make a growth salary and position wise once u accept.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interview. Initial round was telephonic, which was easy. Just the usual BA questions were asked and it was 15 minutes long. Final round was a panel interview, which was more like a technical round. They gave me some scenarios and asked to create use case diagrams.Also asked about RUP process.

Interview Question – What do you know about RUP?   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!