IBM Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (India, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very good and when a round of interview was completed and they were very quick in telling me whether i was selected in the interview or not. And next round of interview was also scheduled very quickly.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically to understand my background and how related my past projects are to the position. It was quite interactive. I wasn't put under pressure by the interviewers. They were quite nice also.

Interview Questions

• What reporting tools have I used? Have I been involved with multiple projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 behaviorals and 1 case study. Definitely prepare for the case study--I thought I did really well on the behaviorals and didn't nail the case study, and didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you were told on Friday that you had to be on a new project on Monday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A few case questions, but nothing to difficult. Went through my resume and had a few questions about my prior jobs and what they were. Also called my references which were listed on my resume. It was a pretty laid back interview, but it seemed like they had dozens of applicants for only a couple jobs.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The two phone interviews were very standard. I had a discussion with 2 managers within the group and they lasted approximately 45 minutes each. The questions that they asked pertained to my previous experiences.The first manager asked quite a few questions, and the second spent most of the time describing the organization. The onsite interview was a 1 day event. It began at 7:30AM and was completed by 6:30PM. The questions were primarily behavioral, but there was a presentation and a case study that I had to provide feedback to for one of the subject matter experts. The interviews lasted 1 hour each with most of the members of the group to identify if I would be a cultural fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the presentation you just saw, please describe areas for our organization to use data analytics to further optimize operations.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

pretty smooth process--went to DC area to interview. two interviews--1 case and 1 behavioral

Interview Questions

• behavioral was very intense--be prepared to defend your answers and think on your feet   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, fairly easy. They basically wanted a walk through of your resume, and past projects. What are some of your best and worst qualities, just basic interview questions. IBM flew me out to the IBM plant in Ohio. They covered the Hotel Expenses as well as the flight expenses. However, they did not have paid transportation to the hotel from the Airport. It would have been nice to have someone there waiting for me with a sign of my name, to take me to my hotel, seeing as how i am not from Ohio.

Interview Questions

• They were all straight forward answers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Very standard interview, tough at some points when things got technical. I don't think it would be very different for other tech-related companies if you are applying for this position.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screen interview for an hour which consisted of general HR questions and a few technical questions at the end - "Define cash flow", how would you accout for investments, which side is debit/credit on the balance sheet? After the screen interview I was sent an email with a test that needed to be completed in 3 days. The test included general number sequences, as well ratios, algebra and probability. Each question is multiple choice and you only have 2 minutes to answer before the question completely dissapears, so you have to think quick and try to figure out the answer from the options provided. The next interview was with 3 people, the project manager as well as a perosn form HR and a person from the department - technical questions as well as behavioural questions - describe a project you are proud of, etc...

Interview Questions

• Define depreciation and how you would account for depreciation on the 3 main financial statements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a long interview process. I had 3 phone interviews and along with 2 in person interview. Basic interview questions about my experience and research.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose to be an animal, what animal would you be.   Answer Question