IBM Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada in June 2012.

first, I got an email saying they are interested in my background, they direct me to a link which has some related tests, I finished the tests online, then I got an email confirmation saying wait for the feedbacks. Later on, I got a phone call from them, asked me to go to the onsite interview.

not interested

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada.

Simple but lengthy hiring process starting with on-line posting, followed by 3 round of interviews; 1) HR recruiting partner, 2) Hiring manager and 3) Service Line Executive.
    It took several weeks to receive a formal offer and once the package is received, you must spend time to read / complete all of the forms.

Interview Questions
    • No specific tricky questions. Behavioral interviews oriented.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBM Canada.

Had two interviews, one over the phone, another onsite. Most pleasant experience with interviewers. Mostly algorithmic questions over the phone, such as given a number and integer array find if there are two elements that sum to the target.

Onsite interview also primarily technical, one of them questions being given a string print it in a spiral into the matrix.

QA Interview

interviewed at IBM Canada in March 2012.

Originally applied for numerous positions, received an email to set up a phone interview. Interview was with a manager for position and a regular (full time) employee in the working group. Was asked a mix of standard interview (weakness, strength, etc) and technical questions (what does x function in this language do)?

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to make an alarm clock for somebody who couldn't hear, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer I was given

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM Canada in July 2014.

Had a 45 minute phone interview. It went very well. They first introduced the job and what they were looking for and the culture at IBM. After that they asked me to explain my past projects thoroughly and asked some related questions to test my knowledge. There was not anything tricky and the technical questions were related around OOP understanding and practically applying concepts like polymorphism and inheritance. After this there was a behavioral question portion which was very straight forward. Questions like, "What would you do in an instance where a team member was slowing you down?". "What have you done when...?"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, know your resume well and you'll do fine. They ask follow up questions, so BSing may not work well.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at IBM Canada in February 2014.

There are 3 interviews, the first one ís the most dificult. You are mostly asked about your past job and your experience. Make sure to answer honestly. After the interview you have to wait about 3 weeks for the result. be a little patient.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada in May 2014.

Applied online and interviewed shortly thereafter. Second interview within one week. Hiring process and timeline outlined at first interview, which is always appreciated. As with all good companies, a lot of qualified applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational interview. Appropriate questions regarding qualifications and cultural fit. Qualified applicants should not be surprised.   Answer Question

Staff Software Developer Interview

Interview Questions
    • We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

interviewed at IBM Canada in April 2014.

phone interview with two development managers, all about project experience on resume, general technical questions, no coding test online. questions like: the difference of mysql and monogb

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at IBM Canada.

I applied directly to their career website for an intern role, they contacted me for an interview within a few weeks. After one on -site interview with the manager, got an offer email. The manager was very friendly. After submitting the all the paperwork, got a formal offer email within two months.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, the hardest question was the manhole problem.   View Answer
    It was an internship role, so there was no negotiation.

Worked for IBM Canada? Contribute to the Community!