IBM Canada

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Senior Managing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada.

Interview Details – Simple but lengthy hiring process starting with on-line posting, followed by 3 round of interviews; 1) HR recruiting partner, 2) Hiring manager and 3) Service Line Executive.
It took several weeks to receive a formal offer and once the package is received, you must spend time to read / complete all of the forms.

Interview Question – No specific tricky questions. Behavioral interviews oriented.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and interviewed shortly thereafter. Second interview within one week. Hiring process and timeline outlined at first interview, which is always appreciated. As with all good companies, a lot of qualified applicants.

Interview Question – Conversational interview. Appropriate questions regarding qualifications and cultural fit. Qualified applicants should not be surprised.   Answer Question

Staff Software Developer Interview

Staff Software Developer

Interviewed at IBM Canada

Interview Details – We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

Interview Question – We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at IBM Canada in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview with two development managers, all about project experience on resume, general technical questions, no coding test online. questions like: the difference of mysql and monogb

Interview Question – the process of doing data visualization design   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at IBM Canada.

Interview Details – I applied directly to their career website for an intern role, they contacted me for an interview within a few weeks. After one on -site interview with the manager, got an offer email. The manager was very friendly. After submitting the all the paperwork, got a formal offer email within two months.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, the hardest question was the manhole problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internship role, so there was no negotiation.

DB2 Quality Assurance Interview

DB2 Quality Assurance

Interviewed at IBM Canada

Interview Details – online test + PHONE INTERVIEW

Negotiation Details – working environment

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM Canada.

Interview Details – 1 hour in person interview

Interview Question – Difficult situations in project management   Answer Question

Technical Writer Coop Interview

Technical Writer Coop
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM Canada in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed. On our way to the interview room, we spoke about how hard it was to find the building, what I do for fun outside of work and joked around a bit.

Interview Question – I was given 5mins to write the instructions for tying my shoelaces at the end of the interview.   View Answer

Remote Technical Support Interview

Remote Technical Support
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – Tier 3 Technical Support. Applied online through the career website.
Got a brief phone interview with the team leader after 2 weeks,
then proceeded to in-person interview at HQ 1 week after that.
The phone interview was about myself and given time to question about the job.
In-person interview with the leader and some members was strictly technical about networking such as routing protocols and questions were open-ended. The deeper you go, the better.
Didn't have HR type Qs.

Interview Question – Expected answers were not basic stuff, should be operational and detailed.   Answer Question

Internship/Software Developer Interview

Internship/Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM Canada.

Interview Details – Applied online and in two weeks I got an interview call. The interview was held over phone. Basic questions on Java such as encapsulation, threading, and garbage collection were asked. Few questions were on HTML as well.

Interview Question – How the search algorithm works on google?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM Canada

Worked for IBM Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Canada interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM Canada employees and interview candidates.