IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Linux Developer Interview

Linux Developer

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Had an in-person interview and then was required to complete the IPATO, which is IBM's aptitude test. I had two interviews in sequence -- one with my (soon-to-be) manager, and one with a (soon-to-be) teammate. The manager focused largely on asking me scenario-based questions, while the teammate concentrated on my prior experience.

Interview Question – My manager reviewed the list of skills that I had on my resume and told me that he didn't believe that I had all those skills. This was an internship, but I had about 5 years of prior IT experience as I took a number of years off school to work.   View Answer

Compiler Developer Interview

Compiler Developer
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Five rounds of phone interviews. Four technical interviews and one manager interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Consultant Co-op/Intern (Global Business Services) Interview

Consultant Co-op/Intern (Global Business Services)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Recruiting process took place over the course of 4 days. Began with a telephone interview with the HR, lasted about an hour or so. Super friendly, very casual, interactive and candid. Was told the following day that would move onto second round. Second round interview was with a Partner, who asked a few difficult questions and challenged some perspectives. Overall, great interview process and a great group of people.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't you be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Internship Interview

Business Analytics Internship
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email for an interview around two weeks later. Phone interview was very casual, mostly consisted of learning about the job and the qualities that the best candidates should have, asked several questions in regards to the information on my resume, was set up for a second round interview the next week at the end of it.

Second interview had more situational questions, but again was very casual. Received my offer two weeks later by email.

Interview Question – What is a quality that you feel you could bring to this position that no one else could?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern PureApplications Interview

Software Developer Intern PureApplications
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by the software architect and then by the manager. I did well with the software architect. No technical questions. He asked me about my courses and what I learned in them. I spoke in detail about the scrum process, agile methodology and my experiences with test driven development during coursework

Interview Question – What do you bring to IBM?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – EZ. You accept it.

Business/Software Developer Interview

Business/Software Developer
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through IBM Careers. Then they asked me to finish IPAT test. After one week, I got a phone call from manager and scheduled remote interview. There are two interviewers, one is manage, another is database architect. It's about half an hour. Questions about the project I have involved, volunteer experience. Although they don't expect database experience, I bet that will be a great asset.

Interview Question – Describe how do you solve a big problem? What if you run out of time?   View Answer

IBM Software Developer/Test Interview

IBM Software Developer/Test
Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – # level interview, very technical, TDD, Agile, Algorithms.

Interview Question – Algorithm questions in general. Hamilton Path.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Gave them a number (googled ave sal.) They accepted

Very Easy Interview

Release Coordinator/Project Manager Intern Interview

Release Coordinator/Project Manager Intern
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a request for interview even before completing the online pre-employment test, which I found a little odd. The interview was extremely easy. Coming from an EE background with a lot of software experience, they asked me nothing about my dev experience and the job seemed pretty useless. Unlike most of the positions at IBM, the interviewers were a lot older and the team seemed a little boring.

Interview Question – The interview was really easy, they talked about the position/team for most of the time, and the only thing they asked me was if I was comfortable in a non-dev position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The impression I got from the team was that the position would be really mundane and repetitive, and that I would have a lot of free time. As an intern, I don't think this is the best use of an internship as you should try to be learning as much as you can through working like a dog in a sweatshop.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied via university recruiting, they got back to me within a month and brought me into an office in Toronto for a one on one interview with the team leader, and then a test with one of developers on the team. The interview consisted of some standard data structure and algorithm questions, and then some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – A situational questions about what should be done if something ambiguous was assigned to you, and nobody (either the manager, client or anyone else on the team) was available.   Answer Question

Intern Software Developer Interview

Intern Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

Interview Details – very positive and promotive process from the manager.
easier than anyone can thought. no technical questions were asked.
only went though whatever I wrote on my resume

Interview Question – there was no unexpected questions ask by the manager interviewed me.   Answer Question