IBM

2.8

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Release Coordinator/Project Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Applied online and received a request for interview even before completing the online pre-employment test, which I found a little odd. The interview was extremely easy. Coming from an EE background with a lot of software experience, they asked me nothing about my dev experience and the job seemed pretty useless. Unlike most of the positions at IBM, the interviewers were a lot older and the team seemed a little boring.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really easy, they talked about the position/team for most of the time, and the only thing they asked me was if I was comfortable in a non-dev position.   Answer Question

The impression I got from the team was that the position would be really mundane and repetitive, and that I would have a lot of free time. As an intern, I don't think this is the best use of an internship as you should try to be learning as much as you can through working like a dog in a sweatshop.

Rational Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Phone call asking whether you want to go to Makrham Office or on the phone
    I went to markham office and was interviewed by two people.
    Not too much technical questions
    Mostly behavior questions
    Still waiting for the next process, not sure if i am hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • What steps you use to solve a tough problems?
      How do you deal with your customers?

Answer Question

FPGA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

questions on both hardware and software are asked

GBS Consulting By Degrees - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Attended IBM's recruiting session on campus, handed my resume directly in to recruiter. Got an email to attend their one day group interview. There were 14 candidates, started with an icebreaker with questions about IBM, followed by case analysis and presentation in groups of 4-5 where you get 15 mins to come up with the solution. This was followed by a round of tabs passed around to everyone, each with a different question for everyone. (Simple questions, where they want to see your fit with the position and find out about your personality). This was followed by selected candidates to 1 on 1 interviews with associate partners and partners - basic. Next comes their online IPAT test and employment form, which once completed, I got an offer next week through the phone.

Interview Questions
    - Did not negotiate, salary was in the range I asked for in the employment form

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Attended a recruiting session held at my university. I managed to give my resume directly to one of the employees while networking. I also submitted an online application as it is a requirement. I was contacted 1 week later to attend a group case session at the IBM headquarters in Markham. The session had about 14 people and a 8 person panel. There was an icebreaker game to test candidate knowledge on the company and then we were split into groups of 4 to work on a case. We were only given 15 mins to make a recommendation and 3 mins to present it to the panel and other candidates. It was followed by a Q & A session with the panel and selected candidates were invited to an interview that followed immediately after. The interview was 1-on-1 and took about 45 mins. It was fairly straight-forward - most questions asked more detail about the jobs I had listed in my resume. If you make it to the next round, you would be contacted to complete an online assessment test. I was contacted 1 week after doing the test about an offer. The entire process took about 4 weeks up to the point of receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was the hardest stage as each question had a time limit of 2.5 mins.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The terms were above what I had expected and I was applying as an entry-level position with no previous work experience in that field.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Met a recruiter at an event and was invited to an interview afterwards. Arrived at IBM with a group of other students (not all of them were in business) and we were put through some icebreakers. We were then led into a case analysis, where everyone was split into a team and was required to give a presentation. After some deliberation from the consultants, they chose several people to move on to 1-1 interviews. This interview as about an hour long and conducted by a senior consultant or partner.

Interview Questions
    • The case competition portion. I was up against 11 other type A's and everyone was struggling to get a word in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Phone interview, then on-site interview with direct manager and manager's manager.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

IBM Human Resources in Montreal contacted me requesting a telephone interview with HR first. Then my application was sent to the director of enterprise architecture in Edmonton Alberta. The director requested a face 2 face interview, but I was unable to do that. We set-up a telephone interview and the call lasted about half an hour. The director requested that I meet with an Executive Consultant, Strategy & Transformation (IBM Global Business Services) in Toronto.

The Executive Consultant asked about my background and various HR related questions. I did not get the role mainly, because of the Executive Consultant that I met.

Network Support Technician - New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

I had initially gotten a call and they asked one or two questions regarding my studies and experience. Then he scheduled an interview for me to be in two days from the call.

The interview was quite a challenging process. Four staff members were there for the interview. It was completely technical from start to finish. They had asked questions about the basic foundational knowledge of networking, and then covered my experience with switched and routers, what models i used, and what challenges i came across in previous COOP work experience.

Then they had given me a situation on the white board and i was asked to go and show the step by step process of how the networking process works from the packets in the end user machine to reach the destination servers. A person must really study and be prepared for these type of technical positions, and they really have to know all the stuff they put on their resume.

I then had a 15 question test multiple choice to finish in about 15-20 minutes, and they are all CCNA related questions.

Finally i was asked to demonstrate Subnetting, and then the interview was done.

This was a super challenging interview and you must really prepare on all the basics of networking to fulfill this position. OSI layer, routing, switching, protocols, ports, and everything else networking covers!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain in detail how a packet from a newly insalled laptop on the network will communicate with a server in another network. protocols and everything...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2012.

Onsite interview was set up on phone call. Reception ppl weren't friendly at all.

After 20 minutes of wait, two guys (manager and a developer) showed up. Started with famous 'a number and an array and binary search' question. One guys was interacting and the other didn't utter a single word

Interview Questions
    • Question was not difficult. In fact they asked the same queston from almost every interviewee.

Qeustion: Given a number N and an array Arr[], search find two numbers which sum up to number N. When you will suggest binary search for this problem. They will ask about the complexity difference between two nested loop and binary search solution.

After discussion of algorithm/solution, they will ask you to write down the code on paper.

Both interviewers look like of Chinese origin. Only manager got involved in discussion and asked questions. The other one stayed silent. He sounds shy and asocial but was not pyschologist for sure. Maybe he was hired based on his extra-ordinary technical skills or strong internal (possibly Chinese) connection.

The whole interviewed lasted for an hour.

View Answer