IBM

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Intern PureApplications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2013.

I was interviewed first by the software architect and then by the manager. I did well with the software architect. No technical questions. He asked me about my courses and what I learned in them. I spoke in detail about the scrum process, agile methodology and my experiences with test driven development during coursework

EZ. You accept it.

Technical Analyst Interview

Applied online, received interview for next week. Completely behavioural interview. Asked me what I would do in certain situations, what my strengths are, why I want a customer facing role, did I have previous customer facing role? What would be my dream job?

Interview Questions
    • What is your worst experience when dealing with a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It was an internship.

DB2 Continuous Engineer Dev - C/C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

The interview only takes one round and is through phone. The person only asks about my previous projects and that is it. No technical questions asked.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Typically it is a two stage interview process. The first phase is a phone interview with HR and hiring manager. The second round was with the technical team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are typically behavioural but often also includes some technical questions depending on the role.   Answer Question

DB II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM.

Just called for interview. Asled basic C program and done

Software Tester Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

applied online through ibm job board, did online test, gone through two rounds of phone interview

Business/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Applied online through IBM Careers. Then they asked me to finish IPAT test. After one week, I got a phone call from manager and scheduled remote interview. There are two interviewers, one is manage, another is database architect. It's about half an hour. Questions about the project I have involved, volunteer experience. Although they don't expect database experience, I bet that will be a great asset.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how do you solve a big problem? What if you run out of time?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Behavioral questions were asjed

Rational Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Phone call asking whether you want to go to Makrham Office or on the phone
    I went to markham office and was interviewed by two people.
    Not too much technical questions
    Mostly behavior questions
    Still waiting for the next process, not sure if i am hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • What steps you use to solve a tough problems?
      How do you deal with your customers?

Answer Question

Release Coordinator/Project Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Applied online and received a request for interview even before completing the online pre-employment test, which I found a little odd. The interview was extremely easy. Coming from an EE background with a lot of software experience, they asked me nothing about my dev experience and the job seemed pretty useless. Unlike most of the positions at IBM, the interviewers were a lot older and the team seemed a little boring.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really easy, they talked about the position/team for most of the time, and the only thing they asked me was if I was comfortable in a non-dev position.   Answer Question

The impression I got from the team was that the position would be really mundane and repetitive, and that I would have a lot of free time. As an intern, I don't think this is the best use of an internship as you should try to be learning as much as you can through working like a dog in a sweatshop.