IBM Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

3.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions
    Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Business Analytics and Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

On campus interviews with only one round consisting of three 45min interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 case study, and 1 "technical" interview. The behavioral interview was very IBM focused, having you answer questions/give examples of how you fit into certain characteristics IBM values; for example being a "wild duck"... The case was relatively straight forward and was control+comand style. The technical interview wasn't very technical and was more so just about the candidates experience using certain programs during their education/work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview in general was the most difficult as IBM's "qualities" they look for are very specific and different than other consulting firms, so it's hard to prepare answers beforehand.   Answer Question

Global Business Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

I submitted a resume through university recruiting then received an invitation to interview. There was one day of 3 interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case - and I then received a call about 2-3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Same package for all entry-level consultants.

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

You have one or two phone interviews. After you pas those you go into interview with IBM. The interview takes some time because they setup groups of people to ask you about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any hard questions because I have experience in the field. They ask you about travel and make sure you understand that you will travel.   Answer Question
    I accepted the initial offer because it was more than my other offers.

Resource Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in December 2012.

IBM will have you interview with a minimum of 3 people.

Salary, company reputation

Recruiting Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2008.

Phone Interview

Flat hourly rate, no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

I interviewed on university campus for the Global business services, CBD program. There were 3 30min interviews. There were no second rounds, so this was your one chance to get it right. My interviewer was very informative and told me exactly how the process goes and the case was very informal and comfortable. I felt at ease throughout the entire interview.

No negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

- Applied through LinkedIn for a different position posted by the recruiter
    - Recruiter replied requesting a time to talk
    - IBM does not work with F1 visa holders

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interviewed w/ IBM GS this past Friday in Chicago that turned into a nightmare and worse experience in my entire career. Interviewed w/ the most egotistical, abrasive and belligerent Associate Partner I've ever experienced. WARNING! Stay away from IBMGS.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are good enough to work for IBMGS. You're interviewing for an Associate Partner position?   View Answer

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

HR Called me initially, and asked about my previous take offs and expected take off's, expexcted time to join the company if offered. Then was called for a Technical Interview, followed by a face-face interview.
    After a week offered the Job

Negotiation is good

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!