IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Question – Business Case Study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Business Analytics and Operations Analyst Interview

Business Analytics and Operations Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interviews with only one round consisting of three 45min interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 case study, and 1 "technical" interview. The behavioral interview was very IBM focused, having you answer questions/give examples of how you fit into certain characteristics IBM values; for example being a "wild duck"... The case was relatively straight forward and was control+comand style. The technical interview wasn't very technical and was more so just about the candidates experience using certain programs during their education/work experience.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview in general was the most difficult as IBM's "qualities" they look for are very specific and different than other consulting firms, so it's hard to prepare answers beforehand.   Answer Question

Global Business Services Consultant Interview

Global Business Services Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume through university recruiting then received an invitation to interview. There was one day of 3 interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case - and I then received a call about 2-3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Same package for all entry-level consultants.

Information Architect Interview

Information Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Interview Details – You have one or two phone interviews. After you pas those you go into interview with IBM. The interview takes some time because they setup groups of people to ask you about your experience.

Interview Question – Not really any hard questions because I have experience in the field. They ask you about travel and make sure you understand that you will travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the initial offer because it was more than my other offers.

Resource Deployment Manager Interview

Resource Deployment Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Interview Details – IBM will have you interview with a minimum of 3 people.

Interview Question – Typical interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary, company reputation

Recruiting Program Manager Interview

Recruiting Program Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Negotiation Details – Flat hourly rate, no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on university campus for the Global business services, CBD program. There were 3 30min interviews. There were no second rounds, so this was your one chance to get it right. My interviewer was very informative and told me exactly how the process goes and the case was very informal and comfortable. I felt at ease throughout the entire interview.

Interview Question – How does your background fit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – - Applied through LinkedIn for a different position posted by the recruiter
- Recruiter replied requesting a time to talk
- IBM does not work with F1 visa holders

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed w/ IBM GS this past Friday in Chicago that turned into a nightmare and worse experience in my entire career. Interviewed w/ the most egotistical, abrasive and belligerent Associate Partner I've ever experienced. WARNING! Stay away from IBMGS.

Interview Question – What makes you think you are good enough to work for IBMGS. You're interviewing for an Associate Partner position?   View Answer

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – HR Called me initially, and asked about my previous take offs and expected take off's, expexcted time to join the company if offered. Then was called for a Technical Interview, followed by a face-face interview.
After a week offered the Job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is good

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.