IBM Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IBM BAO Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Applied online at IBM career section and month later received a phone call for a brief introduction and reconfirming my experience and an overview about the hiring process. Month later following the phone call received an email asking previous IBM id and other details (I worked earlier for the company) to check if I am re hirable or not (I guess they just want to make sure I didn't leave in red category). Then Month later received details for telephonic interview. It was not technical and more wanted to make sure what I have on Resume is correct. Then month and half later received invitation for an onsite interview.

Onsite interview had a case study followed by a technical and behavioral interview.

Case Study:
    They make groups (normally 3-4 people) and each group has to study hypothetical business scenario, discuss within a group and present in front of senior management your recommendations. Each group member has to present something, you have to decide who is going to present what? During the initial discussion time you have an evaluator, evaluating each member. At the end each team has to present there recommendations to panel.

Personal Interviews:
    Technical Interviews were more discussing about previous projects and role. Behavioral interview was how do you handle situations in so and so scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study and presentation was difficult but I think they just wanted to see how the candidate perform in a team to come up with something effective.   Answer Question

Global Business Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

I submitted a resume through university recruiting then received an invitation to interview. There was one day of 3 interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case - and I then received a call about 2-3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Same package for all entry-level consultants.

Business Analytics and Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

On campus interviews with only one round consisting of three 45min interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 case study, and 1 "technical" interview. The behavioral interview was very IBM focused, having you answer questions/give examples of how you fit into certain characteristics IBM values; for example being a "wild duck"... The case was relatively straight forward and was control+comand style. The technical interview wasn't very technical and was more so just about the candidates experience using certain programs during their education/work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview in general was the most difficult as IBM's "qualities" they look for are very specific and different than other consulting firms, so it's hard to prepare answers beforehand.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in April 2013.

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions
    Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Resource Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in December 2012.

IBM will have you interview with a minimum of 3 people.

Salary, company reputation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

I interviewed on university campus for the Global business services, CBD program. There were 3 30min interviews. There were no second rounds, so this was your one chance to get it right. My interviewer was very informative and told me exactly how the process goes and the case was very informal and comfortable. I felt at ease throughout the entire interview.

No negotiation

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interviewed w/ IBM GS this past Friday in Chicago that turned into a nightmare and worse experience in my entire career. Interviewed w/ the most egotistical, abrasive and belligerent Associate Partner I've ever experienced. WARNING! Stay away from IBMGS.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are good enough to work for IBMGS. You're interviewing for an Associate Partner position?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

- Applied through LinkedIn for a different position posted by the recruiter
    - Recruiter replied requesting a time to talk
    - IBM does not work with F1 visa holders

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2012.

You have one or two phone interviews. After you pas those you go into interview with IBM. The interview takes some time because they setup groups of people to ask you about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any hard questions because I have experience in the field. They ask you about travel and make sure you understand that you will travel.   Answer Question
    I accepted the initial offer because it was more than my other offers.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in January 2012.

The interview went well. They were on a hiring freeze which created a decent time period before my last interview, and my offer. Be yourself, they were really looking for personality in this role.

Interview Questions
    • What is a quality you feel is a necessity in this business/role?   View Answer