IBM Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 6, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 4 Rounds of interviews. 1 Telephonic and 3 in-person. In-person interview 1 starts with Prj Mgr and Prd Mgr. Interview 2 with 2 Techies (Idiots - They don't know what they are asking). Interview 3 with 2 UX team members (Kudos to their work). Interview 4 with Architect Team (2) was nice.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What are your previous project experiences Q2: Security on iOS Devices Q3: iOS Mobile App Design   Answer Question

IBM BAO Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Applied online at IBM career section and month later received a phone call for a brief introduction and reconfirming my experience and an overview about the hiring process. Month later following the phone call received an email asking previous IBM id and other details (I worked earlier for the company) to check if I am re hirable or not (I guess they just want to make sure I didn't leave in red category). Then Month later received details for telephonic interview. It was not technical and more wanted to make sure what I have on Resume is correct. Then month and half later received invitation for an onsite interview. Onsite interview had a case study followed by a technical and behavioral interview. Case Study: They make groups (normally 3-4 people) and each group has to study hypothetical business scenario, discuss within a group and present in front of senior management your recommendations. Each group member has to present something, you have to decide who is going to present what? During the initial discussion time you have an evaluator, evaluating each member. At the end each team has to present there recommendations to panel. Personal Interviews: Technical Interviews were more discussing about previous projects and role. Behavioral interview was how do you handle situations in so and so scenario.

Interview Questions

• Case Study and presentation was difficult but I think they just wanted to see how the candidate perform in a team to come up with something effective.   Answer Question

Global Business Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume through university recruiting then received an invitation to interview. There was one day of 3 interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case - and I then received a call about 2-3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Same package for all entry-level consultants.

Business Analytics and Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interviews with only one round consisting of three 45min interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 case study, and 1 "technical" interview. The behavioral interview was very IBM focused, having you answer questions/give examples of how you fit into certain characteristics IBM values; for example being a "wild duck"... The case was relatively straight forward and was control+comand style. The technical interview wasn't very technical and was more so just about the candidates experience using certain programs during their education/work experience.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interview in general was the most difficult as IBM's "qualities" they look for are very specific and different than other consulting firms, so it's hard to prepare answers beforehand.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant - Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

it was good, pretty basic. same stuff everywhere interviews are easy. got the offer 10 days later. The offer and went from there. very comprable tranning programs. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions

• nothing really hard, just know your resume and be able to support whats on it talk about your past projects and how did you do them. Talk about leadership, and what is your role on the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Resource Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

IBM will have you interview with a minimum of 3 people.

Salary, company reputation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on university campus for the Global business services, CBD program. There were 3 30min interviews. There were no second rounds, so this was your one chance to get it right. My interviewer was very informative and told me exactly how the process goes and the case was very informal and comfortable. I felt at ease throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed w/ IBM GS this past Friday in Chicago that turned into a nightmare and worse experience in my entire career. Interviewed w/ the most egotistical, abrasive and belligerent Associate Partner I've ever experienced. WARNING! Stay away from IBMGS.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are good enough to work for IBMGS. You're interviewing for an Associate Partner position?   1 Answer