IBM Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Process was dragged out, each stage took longer than they said it would, and apart from the final interview not particularly involved. I had a phone screen followed by a quick group panel round with a group case and then a 1:1 interview with a partner. The phone screen was pretty straightforward (why IBM, tell me about yourself, etc.); the panel was trivia based, and the interview was unexpectedly long.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Met a recruiter at an event and was invited to an interview afterwards. Arrived at IBM with a group of other students (not all of them were in business) and we were put through some icebreakers. We were then led into a case analysis, where everyone was split into a team and was required to give a presentation. After some deliberation from the consultants, they chose several people to move on to 1-1 interviews. This interview as about an hour long and conducted by a senior consultant or partner.

Interview Questions
    • The case competition portion. I was up against 11 other type A's and everyone was struggling to get a word in.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Attended a recruiting session held at my university. I managed to give my resume directly to one of the employees while networking. I also submitted an online application as it is a requirement. I was contacted 1 week later to attend a group case session at the IBM headquarters in Markham. The session had about 14 people and a 8 person panel. There was an icebreaker game to test candidate knowledge on the company and then we were split into groups of 4 to work on a case. We were only given 15 mins to make a recommendation and 3 mins to present it to the panel and other candidates. It was followed by a Q & A session with the panel and selected candidates were invited to an interview that followed immediately after. The interview was 1-on-1 and took about 45 mins. It was fairly straight-forward - most questions asked more detail about the jobs I had listed in my resume. If you make it to the next round, you would be contacted to complete an online assessment test. I was contacted 1 week after doing the test about an offer. The entire process took about 4 weeks up to the point of receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was the hardest stage as each question had a time limit of 2.5 mins.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The terms were above what I had expected and I was applying as an entry-level position with no previous work experience in that field.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!