IBM Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They fly you in to the location of the interview (Philadelphia) and you have 3- 30 minute interviews. Two are behavioral and one is a case study. The case study is fairly easy. They give you information and want to see if you will ask questions to get the rest of the information. The problem is simple, but they don't give you enough info to solve it and the recruiter will only give you what you ask for. The behavioral questions were fairly easy. Just think of all your experiences and apply them to the questions. Remember not to down anyone in your story and explain what the goal was and what the result was. They asked a lot of questions about working on teams.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a project and one of your team members wasn't carrying their weight, how would you respond to this issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone, phone, case. Got an employee referral which led to a first phone call, just a screening, led to another phone call, not exactly a screening more of a talk to me for 10 seconds ok you're on to final rounds. I got and accepted a job offer elsewhere in the mean time, they take forever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role as a leader, describe a role as a follower   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 part interview: (1) case and (2) behavioral. Behavioral interviews are straightforward. Case interview is set-up to be easy. Make sure to ask pertinent questions while solving the case. Company tends to focus on fit, so the behavioral interviews are more favored.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career network, received an interview on campus, there were three interviews: one more behavioral in nature, one more on the technical side, and one case study interview. Most questions were pretty standard and conversational. The case wasn't difficult; just prepare to ask for additional information you will need to solve it.

Interview Questions

• What sort of role do you take when you become a part of a team or group working towards common goals?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I interviewed at my college's career center. I interviewed with 3 people back to back for 30 mins each. One case interview, two more behavioral interviews. Only one round! I got a phone call a couple of weeks later letting me know that they were going to offer me a job, and got the official offer letter a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Case interview wasn't too bad, was asked about experience in other countries, what I learned from being abroad   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my best offer so I did not try to negotiate

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I interviewed through college recruiting. Only one round of interviews, format of one case and 2 behaviorals, half hour each. It was pretty simple, seemed like they were looking for good personality and passion rather than case expertise like most consulting firms. They want people who understand IBM's mission for cloud, mobile, social and analytics so be sure to convey your interest in those areas.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview was rather interestingly formatted. It was 1.5 hours total but had three 30-minute smaller interview components back-to-back-to-back: 1 case interview; 1 technical interview; 1 behavioural interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward in that you are hypothetically put in a business situation and have to resolve some issue. The technical interview was also fairly easy but contingent on the nature of the consulting position you apply for (strong likelihood of the interviewer asking coding questions and/or small calculations). The behavioural interview is the easiest - just make sure you're good at talking about yourself!

Interview Questions

• What's the smartest decision you've ever made in your life?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 30 minute round interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case. Behaviorals were very straightforward: name a time you displayed leadership, worked in a group, etc. Case was verbally given by interviewer, had to take notes, make quick calculations, but overall took about 15 of the allotted 30 min. Very basic and accounting-based.

Interview Questions

• Case was about 2 pizza restaurants, listed difference revenues, profits, cost per unit, needed to figure out how to make one more profitable.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Participated in recruiting through the university I attend. First there was a simple resume drop and then a final round interview with 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected and the case was straightforward   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

3 interviews each half an hour. 1 case, 2 behavioral. These are not in any particular order. They case was very easy math and the behavioral questions were straight-forward asking about your response to a situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach something to someone and it didnt work.   Answer Question