IBM

IBM Consultant Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Questions
  • The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   View Answer
Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Easy process. Phone screen then interview in office -- 3 30 minute interviews. Whole thing took several months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Was contacted in August for a resume drop, then contacted again in September for interviews. Flown out to NYC office for interviews in late September. Interviews lasted only one morning, consisting of 1 case and 2 behavioral. My interviewer for the case was very unprepared and was looking up her case while I gave my "tell me about yourself" talk. Behavioral interviews were pretty standard. After the interview, I was told decisions would not be made until November. In the first week of November I was emailed saying I was still under consideration. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, I emailed the recruiter and was replied to with a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of an idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate. market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2008.

I had an initial interview on the first day consisting of behavorial questions. The second day I had 3 rounds of interviews with three different individuals. One only really mattered because he was the hiring manager. The main qualities he was looking for was leadership and the ability to learn things quickly. Another question that was asked frequently was why did I interview for a consulting position? Why do I want to go into consulting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2007.

In-office interview consisted of several one-on-one sessions with employees of varying staff levels. The majority of questions were either behavioral or experience-focused. That is, very few questions were hypothetical, case-based or brain teasers. HR personnel were friendly and helpful. Interviewers were also cordial. Selling point from an employer perspective was earning potential.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically, what [college] coursework can you bring to this position?   Answer Question