IBM

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Online application, followed by telephone interview and assessment centre (three interviews and group exercise). The process was well-structured and a good deal of context was given about the firm at each stage. The initial telephone interview focussed on identifying broad skills overlap with the firm and determining rapport. The assessment centre then probed more deeply, testing team work, presentation, analytical and communication skills and assessing capabilities from a business and technical point of view.

Interview Questions
  • Technical interview questions are very thorough and probe a wide range of practical expertise. it's important to have plenty of practical examples to mention and to be able to explain them clearly and simply.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM.

I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed.

I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.

Consultant Interview

Standard online tests and then a recruitment day which was group assignments and an interview. everyone was very friendly but it was a very long process. I made it to matching but never got a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • long process and they keep you waiting with no communication.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Online assessment followed by a day long assessment. Most are sent home after lunch
    Assessment is scenario, team based activity

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Telephone interview, 1on1 interview, group interview, presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    I used what I had on the table and asked them to match/ beat it. They did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2010.

·Tele(Tech)Interview arranged one month after submitting application
    · AC arranged approx 20 days after tech interview
    · AC day structure
    1.Welcome and introduction to IBM incorporating an overview of the GBS
    structure, career paths, benefits programme by HR partner (no need to record anything)
    2. A management case study including a presentation slot for each member
    of the group. Prior preparation is not needed for this exercise (be careful of those wanna-be 'leaders' in discussion and find you way smartly)
    3.Technical interview with sr consultant from your applied service line
    4.HR Partner interview (prepare for some detail question re: project, your weakness, why IBM)
    5.Partner interview from your applied service line (friendly, free-style)
    · Nice and BUSY office @Southbank, friendly interviwers, great exp.
    Good Luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2010.

I submitted application on IBM website and 1 month later got a call from hr in india to confirm the 1st round telephone interview with a senior consultant based on UK. The interview last 30 mins. Asking some porject experience and skill set related questions, besides the comparation between some pop tools, pos and cons.
    Feel ok, however 3 days later, I was told that I had been rejected. not quite understand. But anyway.