IBM Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initially a phone interview was scheduled several times. There was confusion between the UK application centre and the India recruiting team and the US organisation. Eventually when I had the face to face interview, it was very humanistic - with genuine interest in what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Detailed review of past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in the negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Begin with an online submission of typical information e.g. CV and required to answer some competency-based questions as well. Then, I was invited to finish an online logical test which consists of spotting the sequence etc which I think is harder comparing with other normal logical test. After that, I was required to do 2 more online tests (verbal and numerical tests) which have no surprise and very easy. After a week or so, I got invited to the AC and it was straight forward and it was a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

First I sent my CV and Cover letter. They asked me to fill in a document full of general questions. After a couple of days they sent me a link to access a website and complete a test. I had about a week to do it. This test had a numeric sequences part and a general math part. I practiced with a couple of examples I found online and found the general math part ok but the some of the sequences were pretty hard (also, with a 2 minute countdown for each one, the pressure is on!). Again, after a couple of days I was invited to assessment center in their HQ in London. There we were a group of 30 people and we were split in groups to attend a logical problem session and a product presentation session. I knew what was expected of me but it was quite a competitive environment among peers. The problems were not that hard but with the juris sitting at the table with you, to stand out you'd have to show off a bit and try to coordinate the team or say out loud what you're trying to do. It's not a very natural process. During product presentation I felt the same, everyone is going for the spotlight and you have just 20 minutes. If you're not that type of person probably you won't make it.

Interview Questions

• Two sessions. The first was a logical problem to solve as a team. The second a presentation of a product, also as a team. The logical problem was pretty much like the famous Einstein logical puzzle, with some interesting features for group dynamics. The product presentation was quite simple but with so many people on the team and not so much information you either get to talk about what the data gives you or you better be ready to make something up and stand your ground.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview and assessment centre (three interviews and group exercise). The process was well-structured and a good deal of context was given about the firm at each stage. The initial telephone interview focussed on identifying broad skills overlap with the firm and determining rapport. The assessment centre then probed more deeply, testing team work, presentation, analytical and communication skills and assessing capabilities from a business and technical point of view.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions are very thorough and probe a wide range of practical expertise. it's important to have plenty of practical examples to mention and to be able to explain them clearly and simply.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM. I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed. I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Standard online tests and then a recruitment day which was group assignments and an interview. everyone was very friendly but it was a very long process. I made it to matching but never got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• long process and they keep you waiting with no communication.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Online assessment followed by a day long assessment. Most are sent home after lunch Assessment is scenario, team based activity

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join IBM?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview, 1on1 interview, group interview, presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used what I had on the table and asked them to match/ beat it. They did.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

·Tele(Tech)Interview arranged one month after submitting application · AC arranged approx 20 days after tech interview · AC day structure 1.Welcome and introduction to IBM incorporating an overview of the GBS structure, career paths, benefits programme by HR partner (no need to record anything) 2. A management case study including a presentation slot for each member of the group. Prior preparation is not needed for this exercise (be careful of those wanna-be 'leaders' in discussion and find you way smartly) 3.Technical interview with sr consultant from your applied service line 4.HR Partner interview (prepare for some detail question re: project, your weakness, why IBM) 5.Partner interview from your applied service line (friendly, free-style) · Nice and BUSY office @Southbank, friendly interviwers, great exp. Good Luck!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted application on IBM website and 1 month later got a call from hr in india to confirm the 1st round telephone interview with a senior consultant based on UK. The interview last 30 mins. Asking some porject experience and skill set related questions, besides the comparation between some pop tools, pos and cons. Feel ok, however 3 days later, I was told that I had been rejected. not quite understand. But anyway.