IBM

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Completed online job application form on their website. Was then called by an IBM corporate recruiter to schedule interview. Interviewed the following day via phone for 30 mins. Was then asked to come into the local office for a face to face interview. Did that the following week and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a customer service call you had which didn't go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a flat offer with no room for negotiation. It's like "take it or leave it."

Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The process was good. Interview went well, it was very logical and the interviewers were kind. Nothing unexpected, but had to take few tests (intelligence etc).

Interview Question – Hard to say, it depends on a person. For me the hardest one was to describe myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. Offer was presented and I accepted.

Customer Service Representative
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

Interview Details – Face to face interview in Finland, organised through agency, 30 minutes review, simple technical questions, otherwise very chatty. Got an email 30 minutes after stating that I interview has been successful and asking when I can start.

Interview Question – How would you help a customer who is not able to connect to Wifi at work   Answer Question

Bratislava (Slovakia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Lot's of details about yourself and professional experience. You should offer concrete examples of problems met and solutions given. Must be confident and have a very good proficiency in your interviewing language.
When you are announced that you'll have an interview at IBM you should prepare yourself very seriously, take some notes and answer carefully.

Interview Question – What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   View Answer

Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Received two screening calls, testing my english language ability and asking about availability and salary expectations. Interview with hiring manager, team leader and second language tester was cancelled twice without prior notice. A bit disorganised. Third time scheduled it was over the phone and lasted an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, worst case custome service related case and how you dealt with it etc, Basic tecnhical questions, what is WAN, LAN, internet etc
Unexpected question: What do you need to switch on a computer?...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for salary negotiation. Negotiated for 5 days by email but no change.

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview + face to face; very nice people

Interview Question – whether you'd speed (and break the law) for an important meeting   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – personal reasons - the offer was good

Customer Service Representative
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial Interview (Group interview), Closed door interview, typing exam, final interview, job offer

Interview Question – Why should I hire you? And a situational question   Answer Question

Madrid (Spain)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went directly to the main building and left my C.V. personally. They called me two weeks later we had a nice and informal interview where my knowledge in foreign languages was tested and then they called me back and hired me.

Interview Question – Knowledge about internal processes, tools.   View Answer

Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – Good Process. Give best performance and get the Job.

Interview Question – Nothing else except salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I want a job.

Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Interview Details – walk in and give the interview to the concern department and get selected

Interview Question – why did leave your previous company
what do you know about ibm
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – have to fetch an opportunity in ibm and it is a good step to start the career

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.