IBM

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IBM.

The interview process with IBM when I joined 15 years ago (a bit dated I know) was a round-robin with six different managers. There were 15 interviewees in play and we were given a schedule with 15-20 minutes to meet with each manager. At 2pm we were released from the interview process, then the managers convened a round table to discuss each applicant. With a week I received notification about having an offer and have been with IBM ever since.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to this company?   View Answer
    Unfortunately I was not familiar with the pay scale for consultants in the ERP world at the time of my interview and was all too happy to accept a very low offer. In hind sight, I wish I was better prepared in that front.

Lead Collaboration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at IBM.

The process was to interview with the team lead, then to interview with the hiring manager, then to meet the director.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fair and designed to clarify experiences.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Process takes several months, then attend Global Sales school

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think it will take to learn all the products   Answer Question
    Negotiate Salary

IBM Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Contacted because my resume was in their database She was NOT prepared and had not looked at my resume. As we spoke, I asked questions about 2% revenue growth and decreasing market share- 15 % to about 3% in about 3 years.

I could tell she was eating her lunch.

After 10 to 15 mins, I had to get off the phone call.

I knew I wouldn't get along with her and she probably wouldn't want to work with me. Also of note: She wasn't sure what kind of a sales role it would be.

Competitive Software Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Manager contacted me, interviewed, had me talk to another associate on team. Manager then called me back with a verbal offer, based on background check verification and then agreed on start date.

Interview Questions
    • I really did not have one. Most questions were as expected and had previously experienced.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate, manager saw my value and experience.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2011.

All day interview broken down as following;

About 30 candidates brought from all over the country applying for all job levels.
    30 minutes presentation on IBM Global Services
    Candidates then are split in 3 to 4 groups and have to work on a business case for about 1.5 hours.
    Then each group has about 7 minutes to present their findings to a panel of 5 people who represent the board of the company
    Lunch is served in the office
    In the afternoon you will have a two or thirty minute interview with partner or associate partner or senior manager.

The key to any candidate is to keep solution selling in mind when you are working on the case study and presenting to the board.
    No matter what type of case study make sure you are offering a solution and services in the case study.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Began with an introduction/recommendation email sent to hiring manager by a former co-worker of mine who knew him. That resulted in a phone call, then two F2F meetings... One was a dinner meeting with the hiring manager, and the second was with his boss in the company offices about a week later. The offer was made 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me for key names of people I worked with at major accounts, to see if I knew them without looking them up.   View Answer
    I asked for a slightly higher base salary and they agreed... There is a fairly simple chart used to set band ranges, and as long as you come in just below the mid-point, you should be fine.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Introduced by a former employee, so I got to skip most of the online application stuff, and went straight to a 1:1 interview with hiring manager. We met for dinner. Followed up by another meeting two weeks later with his boss. Offer received one week later.

Interview Questions
    • This is a tough territory... Last two guys here didn't make it. How will you be different?   View Answer
    They asked me to name my desired base, .. And the pretty much gave it to me plus a little more.

Senior Learning Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Resume, recruiter called, set up interview with Learning Lead. I then met, Interviewed with Team (3 colleagues). Last step,telephone interview with Manager.

Interview Questions
    No neogiation phase. They offer, either you accept or decline!

SAP FICO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2010.

First Recruiter screen afte rthat Technical interview ove rthe phone lasted 60 minutes then Onsite 3 interviews ( 1 tech, 1 behavioral and the last one with the partner). 3 hours working session as a team. We spent almost whole for this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing everything was pretty easy but you may need to give special attention to the Team activity and participate in the session   Answer Question
    I got what I asked