IBM Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.8

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process with IBM when I joined 15 years ago (a bit dated I know) was a round-robin with six different managers. There were 15 interviewees in play and we were given a schedule with 15-20 minutes to meet with each manager. At 2pm we were released from the interview process, then the managers convened a round table to discuss each applicant. With a week I received notification about having an offer and have been with IBM ever since.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I was not familiar with the pay scale for consultants in the ERP world at the time of my interview and was all too happy to accept a very low offer. In hind sight, I wish I was better prepared in that front.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a behavioral round and a technical round. I was asked questions about my field of specialization and a few questions about the work I did for my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a few things about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me the best possible offer they could provide which seemed fair enough to me.

Lead Collaboration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was to interview with the team lead, then to interview with the hiring manager, then to meet the director.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fair and designed to clarify experiences.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process takes several months, then attend Global Sales school

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it will take to learn all the products   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate Salary

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Only had one interview. They were nice the seemed interested. Never got a call back. Two ladies interviewed me. Hey also showed me around the office. It was a depressing place. Cubicles everywhere. White walls. Tall ceiling. I'm glad they never called me back because it was scary in there. High security too. No idea why.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience?   1 Answer

IBM Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Coppell, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted because my resume was in their database She was NOT prepared and had not looked at my resume. As we spoke, I asked questions about 2% revenue growth and decreasing market share- 15 % to about 3% in about 3 years. I could tell she was eating her lunch. After 10 to 15 mins, I had to get off the phone call. I knew I wouldn't get along with her and she probably wouldn't want to work with me. Also of note: She wasn't sure what kind of a sales role it would be.

Competitive Software Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Manager contacted me, interviewed, had me talk to another associate on team. Manager then called me back with a verbal offer, based on background check verification and then agreed on start date.

Interview Questions

• I really did not have one. Most questions were as expected and had previously experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, manager saw my value and experience.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic behavioral base interview with a brief introduction of company. It was interesting. had nice conversation. I had to call in using a code and log in pin preparation was key Afterwards they said they will call me That took another month Had two phone interviews before going in for a face to face

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Very structured. There was a phone screen, followed by in-person interview and group presentations. A coordinator from IBM coordinated all travel details. People in the interview process were very knowledgeable folks - people you'll like to work for.

Interview Questions

• What are the best and worst incidents in your work life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen, two phone interviews, followed by an in-person interview at an IBM office. In-person interview was an all day event that included three interviews and a team presentation.