IBM

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.

Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Behavioral based interview process. I worked on a part time loan for a department. They had an opening for a position and I applied on line. The hiring manager had me interview with his boss and convinced him that I was the right person for the job based on what I had already done in that role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about this specific technology, and how will you handle solving x problem.?   Answer Question
    It was an internal job move and a lateral move so there was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Very casual interview done over lunch at local restaurant near school. Didn't ask many hard questions, just tried to get to know me. Submitted resume, credentials, etc online and also took a online math diagnostic test. After being hired "orientation" lasted for the day (tour of facilities, badging, getting laptop, etc).

Interview Questions
    As I was an intern software engineer, I was asked how many credit hours of school I'd completed to determine a salary. There wasn't much negotiation involved, though I believe that salary is negotiable if you are applying for a full time position.

Microsoft Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Got interview in an internal job posting process. Moved from one division to another. Not sure job was ever posted outside company. Interview was very generic, presented skills, gave impression of overall intelligence and abilities. Provided documentation of certifications. Overall a very good interview. It helps if you are being interviewed by someone you have an immediate chemistry with.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you want to be when you grow up?"   View Answer

Advisory Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in November 2009.

I was recommended by a previous coworker. I was contacted by HR, did a phone interview then was flown in for a face-to-face interview. I was hired and relocated.

Interview Questions
    • Questioned about my previous job experience as IBM wanted to get into same business processes (Core_ASIC)   Answer Question
    It was a generous offer - not much negotiation