IBM

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Different than industry. Must know some one inside. applying through regular channels don't work most of the time. Human resources department representative didn't sow up for any interview. Benefits information and general information was not provided.

Rochester, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Used a job board. Initial contact via telephone and e-mail. Once selected for an interview, interviewed with 4 areas. I was hosted by an great employee, who took me around the town from my hotel. If selected, then formal job offer given.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty laid back. It was hard because the areas were different so it was confusing to try to figure out how to answer because it ended up being multiple job possibilities.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was with mail, so it wasn't so much negotiation as one might expect, at least that was my experience. There are guidelines in this company, but you can try to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview Details – First there was phone interview with the hiring position manager. After it's passed, I got the invitation to go to the site for one day interview. I met with the manager and he/she arranged the whole day interview including presentation, 1-1 interviews with the group key members and the higher level manager. After 1-2 weeks, I got the notice of job offer.

Interview Question – what's your career expectation after 10 years?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Yonkers, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me... followed by a pre-screen by the manager... followed by a telephone interview by a senior Engineer... followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They didn't have any particular project they need people to work on... it almost sounded like they need someone to walk in and do something fantastic so that their group's average rating goes up. Not goal-oriented team.

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in July 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen. Lots of technical questions, but I decided not to take the job.

Interview Question – Something about what database table schema to use in a particular scenerio to keep the data normalized. I wasn't that difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not a good fit for what I want to do.

Essex Junction, VT

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very relaxed environment. If they are paying your travel expenses for the interview, you have a very high percentage of being hired. The key is to pass all of the prescreening.

Interview Question – What are your thoughts on the advancement of the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question

Essex Junction, VT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2008.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at job fair, then set up a 1:1 campus interview. This interview was explaining my resume and previous work experience and why I would be a good fit at the company, That went well so I was recommended for a phone interview with a manager. That was mostly a behavioral interview with..."tell me a time..." After a few days I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and how that experience has helped you later on   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with rep at career fair. I followed up by email to make sure they had my info. I then was emailed back and told to apply for a specific position via the website. I did that and then was phoned for an interview and then they made a decision after I sent some more info in.

Interview Question – All the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – i am looking forward for day sift with a gud package..in software field..either its for s/w developer or as a DBA..

Interview Question – negative points?   View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Interview Details – My Interview with IBM India Pvt. Ltd. took place on 4th and 5th March 2012 in Pune (India).

On first day, online aptitude test took place. It was really tough. Only 100 candidates out of 1000 cleared the first round, and were called on 5th March 2012 for next rounds. We have been told that the next very day would contain two interviews - one technical and one HR. But on 5th March 2012, both technical and HR rounds took place in same row. And, in the evening results were announced, and luckily my name was there in the list of 17 selected candidates.

I would like to suggest that never loose your confidence. "Be confident and do hard work, and the world would be yours".

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answers (4)

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!