IBM

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Interview Details – Preliminary 1:1 interview to evaluate candidate's previous experience and potential ability. Followed by an hour long phone interview

Interview Question – Why IBM?   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with recruiter at career fair. They then followed up for a phone interview. There was a long time after that waiting and they finally called and I started soon after.

Interview Question – Tell us about a problem at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Discussed with several other managers and the hiring manager.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Interview Details – The company came to our college for campus hiring,conducted a written test,then Group Discussion followed by Technical n HR interviews. Written test was tricky but not very tough...consisted simple but tricky quantitative questions.GD mainly focused on political topics,but its not likely that they always give such kind of topics in all varsities.Technical interview was nice,not very hard to pass,not very easy.

Negotiation Details – IBM is a good organization to work with,provides healthy n comfortable environment

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

Interview Details – I got an interview there and they asked me some fundamental knowledge about computer architecture and my previous project experience.

Interview Question – The out of order execution inside a computer   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1 round of written technical questions, 1 round of screening, 2 rounds of technology interview. [one more if required, I hear], 1 HR / Manager round.
Quite technically challenging and people try to question on aspects of technical expertise [mostly to do with complex concepts in any field that one is interviewed on. say for C, multithreading / socket programming, binary tress and so on]
People are quite informal and receptive to interviewees. Work culture is fairly free and most times the interviewer tries to make the interviewee quite comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is quite allowed and one can / should negotiate to a certain extent. Dont get over zealous and get greedy though.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very common interview, interested but not outstanding one.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2008.

Interview Details – it was interesting and interviewer was smart enough to get the right info out of me

Interview Question – Total no. of squares on chess board?   View Answers (3)

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – a normal interview process with the team and manager. a variety of questions - mostly to gauge experience - no specific technical questions. interview process was split over 2 - 3 days because of availability. interviews were rescheduled near the end so really didn't know who I would be interviewing with until the last minute - therefore couldn't research interviewers

Interview Question – different between linked list and array   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1.5 months

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was fine, but the process was drawn out because many of the human resources functions are now run from Costa Rica and approval from corporate US headquarters in Armonk is required.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM