IBM

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview conducted as part of campus recruitment at my college.

1st round - written test (aptitude based pattern comprising of matrices, series etc)
2nd round - Group discussion ( Topic: Brain drain)
3rd round -technical interview/HR
4th round- technical interview/HR

simple questions
interviews can be cleared by just being yourself, having basic communication skills.

Interview Question – quick sort algorithm, runtime complexity, improvement over the algorithm.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – One word...... Terrible

Interview Questions

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 round
1) Written test consisting of Aptitude test
2) GD
3) 1-1 interview

Interview Question – How is memory leak detected. what is memory leak?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – Test of Communication skills
Group discussion
personal interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially there was a written test accompanied with group discussions, personal interviews. The people there seem to be very professional and cooperative.

Interview Question – Write a program for developing a SAP software in company?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was a mix of aptitude test and skill-set, experience test.

Interview Question – what was one's previous experience   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2011.

Interview Details – Acquired

Interview Question – Do you want to work for IBM?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – Confidence and communication matters a lot

Interview Question – Why are you looking for job change ?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Interview Details – Engineering Manager did the phone interview. Asked couple technical questions but mainly went over my resume. Then HR contacted and arrange an on-site one. I met 7-8 people in one full day. A lot of technical questions were asked. Most of them were fine some of them were tricky and difficult. Some career plan related and behavioural questions came as well.

Interview Questions

• One guy wrote down many acronyms related to digital design, wireless communications etc. and asked me to explain what they stand for.   Answer Question
  • One engineer asked some questions about theory and applications of RF and Microwave.   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in February 2010.

Interview Details – tell me about yourself?

why do you want to join this company?
why should I hire you?
what do you know about this company?
tell me 2 big competitors of company?

Interview Question – why should i hire you?   Answer Question