IBM Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2010.

I send my CV. They phoned me. I had a brief telephone interview on my skills and reason for looking for work at IBM.
They called me in for a written test, it consisted of general IQ questions and specific programming tasks related to my experience and the position I applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

was good.
    very organised process. a written test, then couple of telephonic technical rounds, then a couple of face to face interviews which includes your technical skill assessment, about the projects and products you have worked on, design skills are also tested, and lot of puzzles.
    After that couple of manager rounds.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Engineering Manager did the phone interview. Asked couple technical questions but mainly went over my resume. Then HR contacted and arrange an on-site one. I met 7-8 people in one full day. A lot of technical questions were asked. Most of them were fine some of them were tricky and difficult. Some career plan related and behavioural questions came as well.

Interview Questions
    • One guy wrote down many acronyms related to digital design, wireless communications etc. and asked me to explain what they stand for.   Answer Question
    • One engineer asked some questions about theory and applications of RF and Microwave.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in February 2010.

tell me about yourself?

why do you want to join this company?
    why should I hire you?
    what do you know about this company?
    tell me 2 big competitors of company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Test of Communication skills
    Group discussion
    personal interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Written TEST section I: A written test to check the IQ .The question comprised of matrices and they asked to swap and do some manipulation with the rows and columns to arrive at the answer..IT was easy..

Written TEST section II: Simple Number Series questions

Written TEST section III: Quantitative aptitude

Group Discussion

Technical Interview

Technical Interview II plus HR Interview

Engineering Interview

It starts with an aptitude test . Screened are presented for a Group discussion . Those selected get to technical interview . They ask basic concepts of C , OS , DBMS , concepts of OOPS . Then selected ones appear for HR interviews . followed by this is the offer . Good process , energetic hiring team leaves a good impression .

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Interview conducted as part of campus recruitment at my college.

1st round - written test (aptitude based pattern comprising of matrices, series etc)
    2nd round - Group discussion ( Topic: Brain drain)
    3rd round -technical interview/HR
    4th round- technical interview/HR

simple questions
    interviews can be cleared by just being yourself, having basic communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • quick sort algorithm, runtime complexity, improvement over the algorithm.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The company came to our college for campus hiring,conducted a written test,then Group Discussion followed by Technical n HR interviews. Written test was tricky but not very tough...consisted simple but tricky quantitative questions.GD mainly focused on political topics,but its not likely that they always give such kind of topics in all varsities.Technical interview was nice,not very hard to pass,not very easy.

IBM is a good organization to work with,provides healthy n comfortable environment

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in November 2009.

It was a mix of aptitude test and skill-set, experience test.