IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

(Entry Level) Hardware Engineer Interview

(Entry Level) Hardware Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Went through campus recruiting
2. Campus recruiter passed my resume to different managers (appeared the person who visits the campus does not have any influence in hiring decision(s))
3. After 90 days, one manager contacted me for a phone screen
4. Technical interviews with 2 different senior level hardware engineers
5. After 2 months, Invited for onsite interview (9:00am ~ 5:00pm). I had to go around the facilities, the employers showed what they were doing. Nothing technical questions despite I prepared so much...

Interview Question – At the end of the interview, the manager asked me, where do you see yourself in 5 years, how do you cope with stresses. Most of them were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Entry Level Hardware Engineer Interview

Entry Level Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Went through 3 rounds of interviews. 1 on phone, 2 on-site. All of them went very well. No response after the 3rd interview. I tried calling and emailing and the hiring manager and the manager of the Business Unit ducked/ignored my calls and emails for 12 weeks, before asking for more info. After supplying them with info (and getting my hopes up) I was notified that the position was closed. A huge waste of my time, very unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Entry Level Hardware Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.